Software Engineer III
Remote job description
About the role:
We work on both our web and mobile applications and want someone who thrives on writing clean UIs and even cleaner code. On this team we work hard but also have a ton of fun along the way. If this sounds like the kind of place you'd like to be, reach out to us.
In this role, you will:
- Work collaboratively with your team daily to develop well-written web and mobile software which meets our product goals.
- Strive daily to understand and develop for the needs of our users.
- Engage regularly in activities which grow your abilities in order to meet the organization's goals and your personal development goals.
- Comfortable working in a tight-knit team which thrives on communicating clearly and often.
- Able to see the big picture when it comes to software architecture and design.
- Inclined to push back on unclear requirements or decisions which need more clarification.
- Skilled in developing complex yet well-written and highly-usable software with React.
- Ideally, experienced in shipping Android and/or iOS software via React Native or Expo.
Your skills include:
- Proven React experience (React Native a plus!).
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Proficiency in version control and git best practices.
- Experience working within a scrum team.
- Proficiency in unit testing.
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices.
- Bonus points: experience with C# service/application logic.
- Will be required to complete a background investigation.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Willing to travel up to 5% for team events and collaborative sessions
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- U.S. Remote work opportunity, with roughly 5% needed travel for team events and collaboration sessions
Education & Experience
- 8+ years of experience
About Babel Street:
Babel Street is the world's leading AI-enabled data-to-knowledge company. The technology enables clients to identify, organize and analyze data, regardless of its location or language. Babel Street products streamline the process of turning data into knowledge by automatically converting client-selected data from over 200 languages to their native language. All publicly available or private data sources can be rapidly deciphered by Babel Street software and utilized to maximize the effectiveness of clients' decision-making processes. With the aid of Babel Street tools, analysts are able to easily filter information to be used in an endless number of ways; everything from deriving large consumer and social trends to identifying threats to a public location or a singular person's life. The company provides organizations with the ability to activate relevant data and act on it faster than ever before. Babel Street is privately held and is headquartered in the Washington, D.C. area, with offices in London and Canberra. For more information, visit www.babelstreet.com and check out our Overview Video!
Babel Street is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Babel Street will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.Summary
Company name: Babel Street
Remote job title: Software Engineer III at Babel Street (allows remote)