Software Engineer II
Remote job description
At Energy Solutions we focus on achieving large-scale beneficial environmental impacts. And we believe that market-based programs can be a powerful force to deliver large-scale energy, carbon, and water-use savings. For 26 years we've harnessed that power to offer proven, performance-based solutions for our utility, government, and institutional customers.
We are seeking a mid-level Software Engineer interested in contributing their talents as part of our mission-driven engineering team. In this role you will leverage cutting-edge technologies to build software platforms that support the nationwide energy efficiency programs of a rapidly growing company in the clean tech industry. This position offers professional development opportunities as you solve challenging problems alongside our senior engineering team members. If you would enjoy doing challenging work in a supportive environment with like-minded individuals, we encourage you to apply.
Energy Solutions has a remote-friendly work environment for staff located throughout the United States. We also have offices in Oakland and Orange, California as well as Boston, Massachusetts for those that wish to work from one of our offices.
- Reviewing functional requirements and drafting implementation plans
- Designing, developing, and maintaining web applications and other enterprise software systems
- Contributing new unit tests and promptly fixing any tests that fail continuous integration checks
- Working with internal clients to debug, reproduce, document, and fix support problems for production systems
- Performing code reviews on colleagues' contributions to the codebase.
- Participating in agile ceremonies such as standup meetings and pointing discussions.
- Bringing technical analysis to discussions with internal clients, project managers, and other software engineers.
- Specializing in one or more codebases in order to be the go-to engineer for questions about bugs or new feature implementation plans.
- A bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science and 3-6 years of relevant experience, or master's degree in a related field. Candidates exhibiting 5 or more years of work experience using related technologies are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience with Python and Django. Similar object-oriented languages and frameworks will also be considered
- Experience with relational databases including MySQL, SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle or similar
- Data ETL, processing, visualization, and reporting experience a plus
- Energy related professional experience is a plus
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous retirement package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
To apply for this position please visit https://energy-solution.com/company/careers/. For more information about Energy Solutions, please visit us on our website at www.energy-solution.com.
Information necessary to complete background checks and drug screens is required. Permanent authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. EOE
Company: Energy Solutions
Job title: Software Engineer II at Energy Solutions () (allows remote)