Software Engineer Frontend
Remote job description
Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
As a Software Engineer at Motive, you have an amazing opportunity to exercise your technical expertise while working on the design and architecture of our Motive Enterprise Platform product. We expect you to build scalable software for our enterprise customers. We expect you to be an expert in frontend technologies so that you can act as a mentor for junior developers who would be following your lead to writing awesome software. As a senior engineer, you would also be responsible for suggesting architectural refinements and keeping the tech stack up to date, doing code reviews, and being involved in hiring great new talent.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the development of medium to large complexity Frontend projects to build new product features involving teams of 2+ developers
- Make architectural design decisions for new product features, do dev milestones planning, do tasks breakdown and sprint planning
- Be involved with the backend engineers, product owners, designers, and QA to efficiently execute on projects
- Provide technical mentorship to junior developers and onboard new hires to the team
- Be involved in code reviews and keeping the design and quality of the codebase in check
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of Frontend development experience in a major Frontend framework/stack such as Angular, React, Vue
- Mid-advanced knowledge of Angular framework is a big plus.
- Experience leading medium to large complexity Frontend projects, involving architecture and design decision making, dev milestones planning, doing tasks breakdown and sprint planning
- Strong software design and architecture skills.
- Exposure to agile methodology of software development
- Exposure to unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.
Company name: Motive
Remote job title: Software Engineer Frontend
Job tags: license fees, business services, mobility