Software Engineer, Developer Productivity
Remote job description
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action-giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow-whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
At Confluent, the Developer Productivity team's vision is to empower engineers to develop and deliver Confluent Platform into the cloud and on-premise with the highest efficiency and quality. We are passionate about building comprehensive systems, automated tools and extensible frameworks that facilitate the entire development and release lifecycle.
What You Will Do:
- Designing and implementing build automation, packaging and containerization solutions for all products.
- Building the end-to-end CI/CD pipeline for both our cloud and on-premise platform.
- Identifying and solving inefficiencies in our tools to improve productivity (while enjoying automating everything).
- Defining standardized practices to champion a great engineering culture across the company.
What You Will Bring:
- Experience developing in a scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Working knowledge of source control management systems such as Git.
- Experience with build frameworks (e.g. Maven, Gradle, etc.)
- Experience in automating releases, continuous integration/continuous deployment systems, and relevant tools (e.g. Jenkins, Semaphore CI, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management systems, infrastructure as code tools, and secrets management (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Packer, Terraform, Consul, Vault, etc.)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Working knowledge of databases, caching, and messaging systems (MySql, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Voldemort, Kafka, etc.)
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Company name: confluent
Remote job title: Software Engineer, Developer Productivity
Job tags: open-source, big data, infrastructure