Software Engineer, Developer Productivity
Remote job description
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
Millions of people use Notion - and this number is increasing every day. That means millions of people trust us to deliver a fast, reliable, and secure experience, and we value this more than anything. We want to keep earning trust, while also continuing to amaze our users with the tools they can build in Notion. The Developer Productivity team is responsible for architecting, implementing, and scaling our tools and frameworks that Notion developers use to build these products for our users. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about solving engineering productivity challenges and have deep empathy for other developers.
What You'll Achieve:
- Take ownership of the overall development environment and toolchain, and drive novel projects across the company to deliver impact.
- Partner closely with the broader engineering team to develop scalable systems and tools, processes that improves overall engineering productivity and happiness.
- Minimize time spent between code commit and production deploy, via better tooling, framework and automation, without sacrificing quality or reliability.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- Developer Productivity expert: You bring multiple years of expertise in developer productivity, developer experience or DevOps engineering. You have deep understanding of modern development practices and tools. Experience building developer-facing tools with an emphasis on simplicity, supportability, and easy-of-use. Strong communication with other engineers and teams.
- Startup mentality: You are comfortable navigating the fast moving, unstructured nature of a hyper-growth startup. You are self-motivated to add value and bias towards action. You understand the importance of setting the engineering quality bar for the long term success of our business, but are able to make difficult prioritizations.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You care about business impact and prioritize projects accordingly. You don't just go after cool stuff-you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line. To you, technologies and programming languages are about tradeoffs. You may be opinionated, but you're not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go.
Nice to Haves:
- You have experience in scaling a hyper-growth startup
- You can lead a small team and multi-month project end to end with minimal management and cross-functional support
- You have experience with at least one common CI/CD platform.
- You've managed, maintained, and monitored systems using Amazon Web Services, Datadog, Postgres, Redis, Memcached, and Elasticsearch.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Company name: Notion
Remote job title: Software Engineer, Developer Productivity