Software Engineer Desktop
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you're looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
We're looking for a desktop engineer to join our native apps team and continue making our desktop app the best way to experience Figma on macOS and Windows. The Figma engineering team is highly collaborative and most projects are owned by small groups of 2-3 people. We strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture — you can read more about our engineering values on our blog.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with designers and PMs to ensure the best desktop experience for Figma
- Share responsibility for testing, releasing, and maintaining our desktop application and related tools
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team
- Help interview and recruit more talented engineers to Figma
You might be a good fit you have:
- Familiar with statically typed languages like TypeScript
- Experience/ability to learn and work in multiple languages(TypeScript, C++, Rust)
- Proactive communication skills and a desire to work in a collaborative environment
Here are some projects you could work on:
- Figma desktop application(Electron/TypeScript/C++)
- Figma Editor(C++/TypeScript)
- Figma Agent(Rust)
Read more about our team:
- Figma's engineering values
- Reflections on Config, our first user conference
- How work is changing at Figma
- The making of Maker Week
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Software Engineer - Desktop (Electron)
Tags: design, freemium, mobile, photos, saas / subscription, software