Software Engineer Data and Machine Learning
Remote job description
We are building a world where talent comes first. Beamery's Talent Lifecycle Management platform powers recruiting, mobility, upskilling, diversity and workforce planning for the world's most forward thinking companies.
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. Millions of people are being left behind everyday in their careers, and we're on a mission fix this by creating equal access to meaningful work, skills and careers for all.
We're excited to have raised a $138m Series C backed by world-class investors from some of tech's most disruptive companies.
- So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
About the role
- Beamery Grow is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the data engineering team.
- This position is remote-friendly. Beamery currently has team members in New York, San Francisco, and Portland (Oregon).
What you will do
- Build an ML-based matching engine of Beamery Grow products.
- Build an analytical system and operate Beamery's data warehouse.
- Shape the product you build. Interact with client-facing teams to understand the product from the user perspective, contribute your ideas, create a product that makes you proud.
- Own features from end to end. You build it; you run it. Monitor features after release, collect and analyze usage, iterate.
- Share your knowledge. So you can take a vacation without people calling you to ask questions. Write good documents, circulate them, make sure your teammates find them afterward.
What we want to see in you
- Passion for building a clean system and writing clean codes.
- Curiosity in pursuing engineering best practices and adapting to changes.
- Strong logical deduction and troubleshooting abilities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Goal-oriented and organized. Have a good sense of tradeoff.
- 3+ years of experience building data systems
- Proficient with Python and SQL. Fast to pick up new languages and technologies.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud technologies is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Machine Learning is preferred.
Team tech stack
- Web: Node.js, Vue.js, PostgreSQL, Auth0, Cypress.js
- Data: Python, Tensorflow, Snowflake, DBT, AWS Step Functions
- DevOps: AWS CDK, AWS ECS, Lambda, Sentry, Datadog
- See https://stackshare.io/flux-work/flux-work for a complete list
Benefits include (us)
- Stock options
- 401 (k) package
- Unlimited PTO (min 26 days.) + Federal Holidays
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision care options
- Family Friendly Leave Policies
- First Friday of every month off
- Winter company closure between Christmas and New Year
- Fully paid sabbaticals after 2 years and 4 years
- Work from another country (up to 25 days a year)
- Monthly focused Personal Development Days
- Kindle and eBooks for all
- Annual company offsites
Company name: Beamery
Remote job title: Software Engineer Data and Machine Learning
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, hr, recruitment