Software Engineer Compiler Front End/Parsing
Remote job description
GrammaTech is seeking a talented software engineer to augment the team working on CodeSonar - our flagship static analysis product – to specialize in the C/C++ parsing engine. We license the EDG parser for this and have made significant adaptations to it, including many to allow it to handle extensions and dialects recognized by several commercial compilers. Much of the work is concerned with transforming the intermediate representations into the forms required by the analysis engine, similar to IL lowering techniques used by compilers. The work will involve both working with the existing implementation, and participation in the design and implementation of new features and architectural improvements.
- Work with a team in an Agile/Scrum environment to develop and maintain the parsing engine for CodeSonar
- Work with the analysis team to generate information needed to seed the analysis engine
- Interact with EDG to report bugs and test and apply patches when received
- Work with the testing team to select and manage tests, and refine test automation
- Participate in customer engagements to troubleshoot parsing problems found in the field
- Report to the parsing team leader and the product technical lead
- BS in Computer Science or similar field
- 5 years industrial experience
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Expert in C and C++, both as a programmer and from a language-processing perspective
- Proficiency with modern revision control and CI/CD practices
- Experience with parsing techniques
- MS or PhD in Computer science
- Industrial experience with compilers and/or static analysis
GrammaTech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Disability/Veterans/Affirmative Action employer.
Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Company: GrammaTech, Inc.
Job title: Software Engineer - Compiler Front End/Parsing (CodeSonar Team ) at GrammaTech, Inc. () (allows remote)
Job tags: c++, c, compiler-construction, ci/cd, parsing