Software Engineer, Cards
Remote job description
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies-from the world's largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups-use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone's reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
As a platform company powering businesses all over the world, Stripe processes payments, runs marketplaces, detects fraud, helps entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, builds world-class developer-friendly APIs, and more.
The Cards team builds and owns the code that connects Stripe's Cards platform to the major credit and debit card networks. In 2021, businesses on Stripe processed more than $640 billion in payments, and Cards payments accounted for a large portion of that volume. On the Cards team, we operate card networks efficiently, defining the standards for reliable, correct and optimal implementations for each network.
What you'll do
As a Software Engineer on the Cards team, you will have the opportunity to solve a broad range of challenging problems at scale. On a given day you might dive deep on the design and implementation of a new product or feature, collaborate with external partners on a strategic project, or take tactical steps to measure and improve the experience for our merchants.
- Build new infrastructure and features that operate at scale serving payment methods that move billions of dollars each day
- Ensure our infrastructure is safely extensible, scalable, reliable and meets SLAs for both external and internal users
- Design, build, and maintain beautiful, robust, and powerful services for existing products and new products
- Have a broad scope of influence, with frequent collaboration across teams and functions, with card networks, and with our merchants
Who you are
We're looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- At least 5 years of professional backend software development experience
- Either a Bachelor's degree in a technical field involving coding (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics) or equivalent technical experience
- Proven experience leading complex technical projects that involve multiple engineers
- Attention to technical detail and the nitty gritty
- Experience mentoring other engineers and helping others level up
- A passion for cross-functional collaboration and an inclination for breadth in addition to depth
Company name: Stripe
Remote job title: Software Engineer, Cards
Job tags: Physics