Software Engineer, Ads
Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
We're evolving and continuing our mission to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Providing a delightful and relevant experience to our users applies to our Ads like all of our offerings, and we're excited to build a product that is best-in-class for our users and advertisers. The year ahead is a busy one!
Ads Business Foundations
On Ads Business Foundations, our mission is to enable large enterprise businesses to spend and succeed with Reddit Ads. We build foundational products that will unlock spend from large advertisers. We also steward the Ads API to ensure its health, stability and performance as well as advancing and enforcing architectural standards.
This year, we are focused on two major themes:
- Business Identities - Rebuild Reddit's data model and access controls to support larger clients and agencies
- Public Ads API - Build an ecosystem of partners who integrate with our Public Ads API to manage and monitor their campaigns programmatically
If you appreciate real technical challenges and you'd like to be part of the team that makes Reddit a sustainable, long-term business, come join us!
- Be part of a product engineering team that's building new and exciting promoted experiences.
- Collaborate closely with the platform and data teams while building new features.
- Partner with engineers across the stack to build cohesive product flows.
- Contribute to the full development cycle: technical design, development, testing, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You'll be reviewing code and design docs, and giving feedback on product specs and mocks.
- 3+ years of experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (Java, Scala, Go, C++, Python).
- Able to take complete ownership of a feature or project.
- Good understanding of large scale backend service design.
- An interest in the advertising business and understanding customer needs is a plus.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Retirement Savings plan with matching contributions
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Software Engineer, Ads
Job tags: C/C++, Scala, Golang