Remote job description
ActionIQ brings order to Customer Experience (CX) chaos. Our CX Hub empowers everyone to be a CX champion by giving business teams the freedom to explore and take action on customer data, while helping technical teams regain control of where data lives and how it is used. We are backed by top-tier VCs Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, and First Mark Capital. Enterprise brands such as Autodesk, M&T Bank, The New York Times, Neiman Marcus, Hertz, and many more use our CX Hub to drive growth through extraordinary customer experiences.
About the Role
ActionIQ is looking for a product-focused Software Engineer (L3) to join our team, building an application which bridges the gap between our customers and their data. Our customers spend hours a day using ActionIQ -- you should be excited about not only building an incredibly useful product, but a delightful and engaging one as well.
As a member of the team, you will play a cornerstone role throughout the life of a project. You will engage in ideation and brainstorming, collaborate on design requirements and product decisions, and establish milestones for the team to deliver on. We strive for quick development iterations to continuously gather feedback, as well as remain flexible to handle unforeseen edge cases. Once delivered, effective automated tests and just the right amount of telemetry data will ensure the feature is functioning as planned, so you can sit back, measure product success, and incorporate your learnings into the next one.
In addition to product development, you will also help with:
- Designing and creating new services and their topologies. Are Thrift services the right choice? Should we use Kafka to decouple components?
- Work with our team's deployment pipeline as we strive for continuous delivery.
- We're always looking for ways to improve our testing strategy. How can we make our systems easier to test while ensuring a high quality test suite.
As for the technical rundown, we use React and TypeScript on the frontend, and Scala with Thrift on the server-side. MySQL and Redshift are our primary datastores, Spark and Kafka power our big data and streaming features, and we run nearly everything on AWS.
In one year you will have:
- Worked closely with others to design, build, and deliver impactful features
- Learned to build and operate software in a distributed microservices environment
- Become highly proficient in the Scala programming language and AWS
- Enjoyed many Thursday lunches around NYC with coworkers from across the company
- 3+ years of experience in a product-focused software engineering role
- An understanding of agile principles and the devops methodology
- Experience designing multi-threaded systems or event-driven distributed systems
- Interest in mentoring junior engineers or interns
- You care about a culture of constant learning and improvement for yourself and your peers
Nice to have:
- Experience with Scala
- Familiarity with both Object Oriented Design
- Exposure to functional programming concepts
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Experience deploying and using Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience designing Cloud Native systems
Our work is broad and complex in nature - please don't rule yourself out if you do not meet every requirement.
- Work with a fun, inclusive, and smart team of people as we build a NYC-based enterprise software company
- Competitive compensation package, including significant equity component
- Top-notch health insurance benefits, including 12-weeks paid parental leave
- We have a beautiful office right on Madison Square Park, and our NYC-based employees come into the office three days a week. Office perks include catered lunches, a stocked kitchen with beverages and snacks, and weekly happy hours.
- Check out this blog post to learn about the new AIQ CX Hub - the next chapter for us, our customers and the future of customer experience.
ActionIQ is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunities for all applicants and seek to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. AIQ welcomes qualified applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background.
In accordance with ActionIQ policies and our commitment to prioritizing the health and safety of our employees, all office-based positions will require proof of COVID vaccination, including a booster shot, prior to entering the office. Remote employees and guests who visit the office must also provide proof of vaccination prior to entry. Our COVID-19 health and safety protocols may change over time as local and national guidance and regulations evolve.
Company name: ActionIQ
Remote job title: Software Engineer
Job tags: SQL, databases, Cloud Native