Remote job description
Ankorstore is an ecosystem that enables independent brands and retailers to thrive.
We're on a mission to rewild retail and restore it to its natural order by empowering brands and retailers to grow freely, embrace their creativity, and stay competitive.
Our platform harnesses the power of technology to create a mutually beneficial community that reinvents the way brands and retailers work together.
With decades of experience in retail and building marketplaces, in 2019, the Ankorstore founding team knew it was time to create a global wholesale solution to swing the balance in favour of independents and return them to their rightful place - at the centre of their communities.
Just two short years later, we've grown to a team of over 700 employees operating across seven offices worldwide, and we'll grow even more in 2022. After fundraising in January 2022, taking our total funding to ?365 million, Ankorstore is thrilled to have achieved "unicorn" status in just two years.
We're scaling fast and looking to grow our team with world-class candidates to support our vision of rewilding retail!
As Quality team our mission is to EMPOWER our product and engineering teams' to own quality and to ship the best in class customer experience at scale with velocity! We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test to enable and encourage engineers to design and implement tests in an efficient way by providing them with the right tools, frameworks, and processes around Android/iOS apps.
What you will do as a Software Developer in Test (mobile) at Ankorstore
You'll join our Quality team, composed by three engineers and managed by an inspiring female Quality engineering manager. You'll be responsible for baking in a culture of quality and shifting test automation left, expanding on our existing test automation frameworks and test coverage across a range of configurations, and leading our test automation efforts around Software and Android/iOS apps:
- Analyze processes and workflows to improve our testing automation strategy
- Install, expand and maintain tools and frameworks for tests development, coverage, and reporting.
- Collaborate with engineers to integrate continuous testing processes on our delivery pipeline
- Support engineering to facilitate tests automation implementation
- Identify, follow, nurture and push testing and development best practices at all levels
- Explore complex software systems to define and administer our testing architecture standards
- Suggest and follow the implementation of improvements
- Preferred Experience
- You have advanced knowledge and experience in writing code, scripts and using tools that improve the testing pipeline (Github action, Jenkins, Circle CI, build pulse, etc)
- You master test automation implementation and maintenance and have a strong expertise in automation tools and frameworks (Appium, Cypress, Playwright, Puppeteer, Selenium, etc)
- You are passionate about continuous testing and the benefits it can bring to the software development lifecycle
- You feel comfortable digging into the architecture of systems looking for potential problems.
- You are dynamic and like to get out of your comfort zone to fulfill your goal of raising the quality bar at Ankorstore
- You are able to adapt your approach and communication style to fit varying contexts and situational needs
- You've read all this way but you're missing a skill or two? No problem, it's our job to up-skill you to take your career to the next level. What we're trying to say is, don't be afraid to apply if you don't tick all the boxes.
- Why you should join Ankorstore
- It's a once in a life-time opportunity to join one of the fastest growing European startups
- Our ambitious, mission-driven team is backed by proven VC funds (Tiger Global, Bain Capital)
- We have strong values, and international culture and work in English only
- Our environment is highly dynamic, we're scaling quickly and currently at a stage where you will be able to shape the future of the organisation
- We have strong people-investment values and offer many exciting career opportunities, locally and internationally.
- Our compensation and benefits are competitive in the market
- We offer the possibility to work remotely, in the office or hybrid across many countries in Europe
- We also encourage continuous learning & growth and give unlimited access to the e-learning platform Udemy
- Ankorstore is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to promoting diversity. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
- Recruitment process
- 1st call with the Talent Acquisition Partner
- 2nd call with the Technical Team
- 3rd call with the Engineering Manager
Ankorstore is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to promoting diversity. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Company name: Ankorstore
Remote job title: Software Engineer
Job tags: marketplace, smb