Remote job description
About your role and the team:
The goal of the Recommendations team is to improve customer experience on the web through personalization and predictive analytics. It empowers our clients to better connect with their customers, and on the other hand, customers shopping online are able to find relevant products out of thousands of products available. As a Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with large amounts of data providing reliable, low latency and large scale production systems such as:
- A product recommendation platform for a variety of e-commerce companies
- Predictive analytics to analyze, learn and score customer behaviour in a real-time
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Design, build and improve customer-facing recommendation solutions with high-throughput on top of Google Cloud Platform and Kubernetes
- Scale out our infrastructure for future needs
- Build, design and maintain robust data pipelines and data storages for machine learning models that recommendation and predictive models can source data from
- Build reliable infrastructure for enabling quick and efficient development of recommendations models
- Build reliable quality monitoring metrics tracking and alerting for hundreds of ML models
What you might like about this role:
Current Recommendation Team Projects and challenges:
- Rewrite components of our pipeline to be more robust and scalable
- Introduce Quality of Service guarantees (SLOs – Service Layer Objectives)
- Increase throughput of data imports and exports
- Decrease response time of recommendations engines and relevant APIs
Our tech stack:
- Python, Go,
- Kubernetes, Prometheus,
- SQL, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Google Cloud Platform
- Apache Kafka,
- Gitlab CI/CD
What we expect of the candidate:
We're looking for someone who:
- Ability to write clean, concise and modular code
- Solid experience in building HTTP and GRPC APIs
- Experience delivering high-throughput distributed infrastructure
- Experience with storage and database technologies incl. relational and NoSQL databases
- Understanding of core Computer Science concepts such as data structures and algorithms
- Ability to collaborate in a cross-functional team using strong written and verbal communication
Nice to have:
- Experience with Python or Go or similar language
- Experience with running data-intensive applications (batch or realtime processing)
- Ability to compare pros and cons of storage or database solutions, and pick the best fit for particular problem
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don't clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- At Bloomreach, we believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who like what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our 4.7/5 rating.
- Personal Development:
- We have a People Development Program - using competency maps, participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company.
- Our managers participate in the leader development program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader.
- Bloomreachers utilize the personal education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, etc.)
- There's access to Udemy courses for all employees.
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Veea is available for work-related communications challenges.
- The employee assistance program - with counselors - is available for non-work-related challenges.
- Bloomreachers enjoy DisConnect days to unwind and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- There's extended parental leave available (with regional specifics).
- Bloomreachers get rewarded based on their commitment and capabilities.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- Bloomreachers get stock options granted depending on their role, seniority, and location.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to 3000 USD paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- Bloomreach provides a monthly lunch entitlement (with regional specifics).
- There's a pension scheme (with regional specifics).
- Employees get a healthcare plan (with regional specifics).
- We celebrate work anniversaries - Bloomversaries!
Software Engineer (Recommendation Team) at Bloomreach () (allows remote)
Tags: python, golang, gcp, kubernetes