Remote job description
Are you an innovator and a problem solver that loves working with new technologies? Do you want to be a part of a team that runs one of the largest AWS environments out there? Are you passionate about solving cloud management challenges across public, private and hybrid cloud? Are you the type of person that can exercise independent decision-making within broadly defined parameters? If you answered yes to any of the above and want to do full stack development in an open minded and innovative team, we are the team for you.
As an engineer in the VMware Engineering Services (VES) Cloud Management team, you will build and operate cloud management and security services across multiple public and private clouds. You will tackle a variety of business, infrastructure security and application challenges in a complex ecosystem. You will primarily focus on CloudHub service, which manages policies for public cloud access. You will collaborate with many teams across all disciplines. These teams will look to you for support and guidance on how to build and operate complex services.
Success in this role requires very strong technical skills, a broad background and understanding of every layer of the software development and cloud ecosystem and excellent understanding of the cloud and container management stacks. You should be comfortable working by yourself and collaborate with the larger team.
This position is open to remote work within Bulgaria, Armenia and Poland.
- Build and operate performant, scalable software services
- Perform proactive troubleshooting & performance evaluation of cloud services and cloud environments
- Produce quality code by writing automated tests. We believe in being responsible for the quality of our code.
- Interact with other SaaS teams to gather requirements, perform analysis and determine appropriate solutions
- Engage in design reviews, code reviews and operational reviews
- Participate in the periodic rotational on-call
- 3-5 years of industry experience or equivalent educational experience
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with one of the public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Familiarity with object and functional oriented principles, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management.
- Proficient in Linux/Unix based systems
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English
- Familiarity with running SaaS production services at scale
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with CI/CD
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Company: VMware Bulgaria
Job title: Software Developer at VMware Bulgaria () (allows remote)
Job tags: java, python, typescript, golang, cloud