Why we need you:
We are looking for world class Software Architects who are extremely passionate about building top-tier software solutions. This is a hands-on position where you will get to experiment with emerging technologies and build proof of concepts to aid in Architecture and Delivery decision making.
This is a very exciting and rewarding opportunity to work with like-minded Architects on designing new solutions for an expanding global platform. You will help define technical direction and strategy, while guiding engineering teams to build innovative, scalable and robust solutions on a range of customer facing platforms.
What you will do:
- Monitor technology evolution and make technology roadmap recommendations.
- Help define and deliver a world class technology roadmap.
- Review and challenge existing architecture/libraries/tooling/etc. with view of making long term improvements.
- Provide inception to aid product and development decisions.
- Build proof of concepts (PoC) solutions to aid decision making.
- Collaborates with product team to produce high level design and time estimates.
- Collaborates with delivery team to ensure designs are fully understood and implemented appropriately.
- Assist Delivery team and review deliverables
- Assist Pre-sales, provide integration support with Partners, and liaise with customers technical teams.
What should you have:
- Extremely passionate about building best in class software solutions.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a Software Architect designing enterprise applications.
- Strong development skills building systems using proven design patterns.
- Strong OO modelling, design and implementation skills.
- Experience integrating with RESTful services.
- Estimation and risk escalation knowledge and experience.
- Expert knowledge in statically typed, object orientation programming languages, such as C# and/or Java.
- Excellent working knowledge of relational database systems like SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience of cloud platforms like Azure or AWS.
- Excellent Communication including written and oral English
- Practical experience in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Ability to diagnose issues quickly and efficiently.
- Constantly looking for ways to improve quality and maintainability.
- Knowledge of how best to achieve performance optimizations.
- Working in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of technical architecture is a plus (design the layout of IT systems, data communication and system integration)
- Track record in implementing software solutions using defensive programming techniques.
- Provide technical leadership and innovation.
- Strong understanding of microservices.
Nice to have:
- Proficient in C# and modern .Net frameworks like .Net Core, Entity Framework.
- Experience implementing API-First software platforms.
- Cloud Native knowledge or experience (container-based solutions, microservices, elastic infrastructure, continuous delivery)
- Experience incorporating the Twelve-Factor App methodology (or equivalent)
What we offer:
- Opportunity to be part of something special, Global Shares is growing fast, and we want you to be part of our journey
- Competitive salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working
- Active Social Club with events throughout the year
- Fresh fruit
- Casual dress code
- Fully subsidised CEP exams
- Opportunity to travel and work in our global offices if desired
All Applicants must be fully eligible to work freely and reside either in Ireland or Portugal
What our Interview Process is like:
Step 1- After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call
Step 2- If your background is a match for the role, you may be required to complete a technical assessment (role depended) and/or phone interview with 1-2 people
The recruiter for this role is Caroline Donlon please reach out to schedule a call.
M: +353 (0)86 0670565
E: [email protected]
Software Architect at Global Shares (allows remote)
Tags: c#, sql, aws, api, architecture