Senior Staff Software Engineer New Recruiting Product
Remote job description
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT - payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more - in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees' payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps - like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365 - all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $700M from the world's top investors - including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, and Bedrock - and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About The Role
As a Senior Staff Engineer on newly launched https://www.rippling.com/blog/introducing-rippling-recruiting Application Tracking System (ATS) (LI Post) product at Rippling, you would be responsible for delivering a key product in Rippling's Talent strategy, enabling Rippling and its customers to hire their teams.This team will be responsible for building a world-class ATS that enables the next generation of Talent products to scale. This team will have a combination of both directly user-facing products as well as interfaces for other engineering teams. There are challenges for the team that range from building for usability to scaling for massive growth and a wide array of engineering requirements.You'll be working on defining, driving, and delivering the technical roadmap of the team and defining the underlying infrastructure at Rippling for the next 5 years and beyond.
What You'll Do
- Acting as a technical leader within the engineering organization.
- Identifying and advocating for projects of high complexity that involve multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Taking ambiguous technical problem statements and turning them into an actionable plan, and then executing on it with the team
- Modeling and executing against requirements involving complex and interdependent systems related to reporting and search platforms
- Crafting a technical vision for a team whose goals are to unlock business outcomes by making it easier to work with internal platform teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be expected to dive in deep and emerge with a written plan for execution that represents the collective needs of multiple teams
- Owning the overall quality, engineering excellence, and technical competence of the talent products
- In addition to execution of projects, you will regularly sync up with leaders of other teams on our engineering strategy to ensure that the products being built are truly elevating the organization and enabling us to move the business forward
- 10+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- You have seen systems operating at significant technical and organizational scale
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in building projects with good abstractions and architecture
- Comfortable at developing scalable and extendable core services used in many products
- Expertise building complex, distributed services with Python, Golang, or Java
- Strong CS knowledge
- Bonus points if you've previously worked with AWS
- You care about product ownership and solving problems for our customers.
- You're passionate about being in a product-focused environment where everyone cares deeply about customer impact
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.comRippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.A variety of factors are considered when determining someone's compensation - including a candidate's professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.
The pay range for this role is:240,000 - 360,000 USD per year(All Tiers)
Company name: Rippling
Remote job title: Senior Staff Software Engineer New Recruiting Product
Job tags: Payroll, Human Resources, Equity