Senior Staff Software Engineer, Developer Productivity
Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work?"whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop?"while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
The Developer Experience team makes development at Instacart easier and more productive. Our customers are engineers; working on frontend and backend changes all the way to mobile and machine learning. We partner with other infrastructure and engineering teams to build ergonomic tools that simplify development workflows, from developer on-boarding to day-to-day development and testing. We are obsessed with metrics that measure the lead time of our changes from an idea to a working solution in Production, and we deliver on aggressive goals.
Our main product is Bento, a homegrown platform that orchestrates dev environments either locally or in the cloud for fully remote development. Bento gives developers a common, well-supported platform to develop against, taking the guesswork and surgery out of managing environments and making development at Instacart a joyful experience. We are now extending Bento to orchestrate on-demand and ephemeral CI Environments that enable running Integration/E2E tests against PRs prior to merge, shifting quality assertion left and ensuring stable and tested changes make their way into master, improving quality and reliability all around.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will be part of a small but very senior team, with a large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing things directly.
- You will work closely with both infrastructure and product engineering stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- You will have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives.
- You will ship high quality, scalable and robust solutions that have a massive impact on developer productivity.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- A strong sense of ownership, self-motivated and enjoy the fast pace of a startup environment
- Strong knowledge of Go and Ruby or Python and experience with AWS Infrastructure
- Ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, computer engineering, electrical engineering OR equivalent work experience
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Senior Staff Software Engineer, Developer Productivity
Job tags: Python, Golang, infrastructure