Senior Software Engineer Web
Remote job description
Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we've built and have been recognized as:
- Forbes Fintech 50 2021
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Best-Led Companies 2021
- TIME 100 Most Influential Company 2021
- We're growing and looking for...
- We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We're seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We're in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the Role:
We're excited to invite passionate and motivated Web Engineers to join Say Technologies to help us democratize the way investors think about stock ownership.
In August of 2021, Robinhood acquired Say - a mission-driven company that's built a communication platform that makes it easier for investors to exercise their ownership rights.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an innovative and growing team within Robinhood, have a huge impact on their growth, and serve public companies, broker-dealers, and everyday investors. Working on the Say team at Robinhood, you'll help us systematically understand how public companies and their shareholders can interact and bring investors closer to their investments. Our clients use Say to build deeper relationships with their investors, and the world's fastest-growing brokers and investment platforms to make shareholder rights more accessible for their customers.
As a Web Engineer, you will be working multi-functionally across Robinhood and Say and partner up with mobile and back-end engineers to deliver high-impact features.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Build smooth, stable, and sophisticated products with React and TypeScript.
- Own features from inception and design to implementation and launch.
- Build and improve tools to support and integrate with Robinhood's brokerage operational backbone.
- Collaborate with design, product, brokerage, and market specialists to rapidly iterate on financial products.
- Design frameworks and tools that empower other developers on your team.
- 4+ years of professional Software Development experience
- 2+ years of professional experience with modern Web technologies
- Understanding of functional and reactive programming paradigms
- Phenomenal design intuition and user empathy
Technologies we use:
- React + Redux
- Babel + Webpack + Bazel
- Jest + ESLint + Prettier
- Jenkins / Buildkite + Docker + Kubernetes
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission-we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Robinhood is a primarily remote company. If hired, you will work as a remote employee unless the job you are applying for has a different working model specified. Please reach-out to your recruiter if you have any questions regarding the job's working model.
Company name: Robinhood
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer Web
Job tags: transaction fees, analytics, mobile