Senior Software Engineer UI
Remote job description
Who are we:
Lendi is Australia's #1 home loan platform and we're building technology to take the hard work out of home loans. We're passionate about how technology can revolutionise our industry and solve a key pain point in peoples' lives.
Lendi is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us scale and maintain our design system (LUI) and shared component libraries. We are looking for a self-driven design system focused engineer who enjoys diving deep into technical challenges and sweats the details.
You'll be reporting to the UI Systems Team Leader, working side-by-side with high-performing, knowledgeable, and fun engineers and designers from the UI Systems team.
You will tackle exciting and challenging engineering problems. You will also be partnering with our wider group of LUI Ops contributors, as well as collaborating with designers and developers across the company.
In an ever-changing regulatory environment, Lendi is leading the charge in developing industry-first technology designed to offer Australian homeowners transparency, simplicity and convenience in their home loan experience. Engineering is forefront in this charge as we look to automate and build out scalable and reliable systems to support our customers and counterparty banks
What you'll be doing:
- Authoring a library of performant, accessible and flexible UI components using React and Storybook.
- Actively participating in design system brainstorming discussions, fleshing out requirements and building the future of the Design System.
- Championing initiatives, informing and influencing stakeholders, including engineers and designers.
- Owning major parts of the system, designing and delivering quality stable solutions as well as supporting them in Production.
- Writing clean, maintainable code that is suitable for continuous integration and deployment, following best practices and software guidelines.
- Mentoring teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, empathetic manner.
- Helping to drive the engineering rhythm and process of the team from planning, resource allocation, design, coding, deployment, and support.
- Collaborating as part of a cross-functional Agile team.
What you'll bring:
- Extensive experience as a Front End Engineer contributing to design systems.
- Experience in managing monorepos, yarn dependency management and library authoring.
- Experience and deep knowledge on best practices around web performance, accessibility and security.
- Solid understanding of CSS fundamentals and experience with CSS-in-JS frameworks (Styled Components, Emotion, Vanilla Extract, etc).
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role working in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment on a consumer product.
Benefits and perks:
- 'Flex First' - flexibility of remote working (home and/or office).
- We take Career development seriously. We have the opportunities, budget and frameworks in place to propel your career in the direction you want to take it.
- A week's additional annual leave after 3 years' service.
- 'Awesome Days' - an extra day's leave a year to do something awesome!
To learn more about life at Lendi check out our blog: https://www.lendi.com.au/inspire/category/life-at-lendi/
Lendi is a proud Project F Partner - Gender Diversity & Inclusion is a great focus for us. Creating a culture that is representative of the world we live in makes us better people and our organisations gain tangible benefits, ultimately this creates a melting pot of creativity!
Company name: Lendi
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer UI at Lendi () (allows remote)
Job tags: ui/ux, react, storybook, typescript, styled components