Senior Software Engineer Streaming and APIs
Remote job description
We are looking for an innovative, passionate and highly technical software engineer to join Lookout's Security Platform Organization. You'll be a key part of a dynamic team that architects, builds and maintains Lookout's Streaming and Query Platform.
Do you have strong programming skills? Do you love solving complex problems at scale? Do you love learning new frameworks and technologies? Then Lookout could be the perfect place for you, with the ability to work remotely!
What you'll do:
- You will be part of a dynamic and technically diverse group of engineers, where you will get to drive, contribute, influence, learn and grow top notch technical skill sets, while building out a scalable and high volume Ingestion and Query Platform.
- We believe in, and practice, end to end service ownership, so you will fully participate in the ownership of your services and components, including on-call duties.
- Influencing the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas.
- You will work extensively with a variety of streaming and search/query services, running on a Kafka backbone, and with a variety of stateful stores like Elasticsearch, Aurora, DynamoDB, Redis at Lookout.
- You will work on microservices built with Ruby, Scala, on the AWS Cloud.
What we're looking for:
- Professional experience with Object Oriented or Functional programming languages (Java, Scala, etc).
- Experience with implementing microservice architectures at scale, messaging patterns and streaming architectures.
- Experience with Kafka (or equivalent)
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree, and/or equivalent work experience.
- We are going multi-cloud soon, so experience with both AWS and GCP will be huge!
- A fun and positive attitude!
Company name: Lookout
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer Streaming and APIs
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, licensing, communications, enterprise, mobile, security, software