Senior Software Engineer, Security
Remote job description
We are growing quickly and looking for a staff level software engineer to lead our security team. This is a new sub team within the Infrastructure org that ensures that we can support Pilot's growing business in a secure and reliable way, while keeping developer productivity high.
- Work with cross functional leaders at Pilot, including executives, to develop and execute on Pilot's security strategy.
- Provide thought leadership in security practices such as identity and access management, data protection, etc.
- Play a pivotal hands-on role in shaping our product security and help keep Pilot safe.
- Influence the engineering culture at Pilot to include a security-first mindset.
- Develop systems and processes to avoid and mitigate security issues in our product, Ops workflows, and infrastructure.
- Promote best practices in security and privacy, and provide regular security assessments.
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion - Meet Fintech's Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees' development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headscape, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents - 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Pilot commits to provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, as well as equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. You may view all of Pilot's recruiting notices here, including our EEO policy, recruitment agency policy, recruitment scam notice, and important E-Verify information.
Company name: Pilot
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer, Security
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, software