Senior Software Engineer Kubernetes
Remote job description
Every year, Genesys® delivers more than 70 billion remarkable customer experiences for organizations in over 100 countries. Through the power of the cloud and AI, our technology connects every customer moment across marketing, sales and service on any channel, while also improving employee experiences. Genesys pioneered Experience as a Service so organizations of any size can provide true personalization at scale, interact with empathy, and foster customer trust and loyalty.
Why Genesys needs you
We are investing 1 billion dollars in R&D over the next 4 years and need the right individuals to turn that investment into innovation. Genesys is bringing that innovation to customers through multi-cloud deployments in AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud.
Connections matter, at certain times with greater urgency. Whenever the moment, our technology facilitates those connections creating experience as a service. Our team members own their critical services and words like scalability, resiliency, and automation are at the heart of every line of code we write.
What you'll do
- In this highly visible position within Genesys, you will be setting the direction for our Engage Multi-Cloud architecture. This includes areas like deployment, capacity planning, scalability projections, reliability, disaster recovery, performance, security and operating margin of the product. Your background in cloud architectures will aid in your success in this role.
- You will provide a technical roadmap and architecture for the Engage Multi-Cloud platform which is based on Docker and Kubernetes. This will all take place in a continuous integration and delivery environment where your solid DevOps experience will be an added dimension into the architecture. By owning this architecture, you will be also be involved in the following:
- Drive change for multi-cloud technology strategies across Research and Development for system availability, scaling, security, observability and operating margins
- Deep understanding of Containers (Docker), Orchestrators (Kubernetes), Helm Charts
- Understanding of Load-balancers (nginx), API Gateways (Kong, Ambassador), Service Mesh (Envoy, Istio), Service Discovery (Consul), SDN, Secrets Management (Vault)
- Queue and Data Services e.g. ElasticSearch, Postgres, Kafka
- Deep focus on observability e.g. Helm Charts, Prometheus, Grafana, Fluent Bit, statsd, Kibana
- Drive stack observability Log Management, Metrics Aggregation pipeline, system alerts etc.
- Working with Engage Multi-Cloud customers from an architectural perspective and providing best practices for operating the engage stack and increasingly making it turnkey
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- Distributed systems engineering principles applied to scaling mission-critical service applications.
- Experience in operating and managing Kubernetes technologies across multiple platforms (Azure AKS, Openshift, AWS EKS, Google GCP, Pivotal), Terraform
- Strong distributed systems engineer with a deep understanding of large scale distributed microservice and serverless based systems
- Strong hands-on skills in prototyping and experimentation, analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Telehealth coverage
- Flexible work schedules and work from home opportunities
- Development and career growth opportunities
- Open Time Off
- 401(k) matching program
- Adoption Assistance
- Infertility treatments
See more Genesys benefits information at https://mygenesysbenefits.com/
Safety for our employees and our communities is a key priority for Genesys. We continue to experience rapid growth during the Covid-19 pandemic and are conducting remote hiring and onboarding processes. All hiring and onboarding processes are being conducted remotely at this time. We utilize Zoom video meetings and phone calls during the interview process. We will be working remotely through at least September 30, 2021, in most locations, and we are re-evaluating the opening date of all the Genesys offices on an ongoing basis.
Every year, Genesys® delivers more than 70 billion remarkable customer experiences for organizations in over 100 countries. Through the power of the cloud and AI, our technology connects every customer moment across marketing, sales and service on any channel, while also improving employee experiences. Genesys pioneered Experience as a Service so organizations of any size can provide true personalization at scale, interact with empathy, and foster customer trust and loyalty. This is enabled by Genesys Cloud™, an all-in-one solution and the world's leading public cloud contact center platform, designed for rapid innovation, scalability and flexibility. Visit www.genesys.com.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, national origin, genetics, disability, military and veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Job title: Senior Software Engineer - Kubernetes at Genesys (Durham, NC) (allows remote)
Job tags: aws, kubernetes, azure, gcp, docker