Remote job description
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR...
Versus Systems is looking for a software engineer to build our web dashboards, support and improve our NodeJs platform, and build incredible code that changes the ways consumers engage with entertainment. Our product suite allows content developers to create unique, prize-based matches for their users, changing the experience of how we interact with entertainment and media. In short, we make things more fun.
Our stack is based on NodeJs, Mithril/Lit Web Components power our frontend applications.
We're a collaborative team with a strong product and engineering culture. We value partnership and creativity. Every engineer contributes to the overall development process, product design, and roadmap of the company.
HOW YOU'LL SPEND YOUR DAY...
We believe in a team of polyglots. Our engineers are responsible for building features across our platform - from designing frontend components using Web Components to building NodeJs serverside applications using Redis and socket connectivity. We encourage our engineers to pick up new skills, but we also love to see affinities for particular technologies. We foster a collaborative culture where you'll work with others on the team to learn new things while sharing your expertise.
WE CURRENTLY USE . . .
- Lit Web Components
- KoaJs / Express
YOU WILL HAVE...
- 5+ years of professional, paid experience designing, building, and maintaining modern web applications
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP Networking and socket programming
- Demonstrated proficiency building and consuming API, including modeling data using specs as guidance
- The ability to provide guidance and feedback on API design
- An active, genuine interest in learning at least one of the current technologies listed above that you don't currently claim as your own
- Autonomy, initiative, and self-motivation with a bias for action
- A preference for Agile methodologies, rapid prototyping, and team collaboration
- Experience with multiple programming languages, especially C++, C#, Python, Rust
- Experience working with the MERN stack
- Some Game development experience
- Some CI/CD experience (CircleCI/Docker)
We partner with content creators and brands to facilitate prized-based experiences, changing the ways players, streamers, and fans interact with the experiences they love - offering creators a new way to engage consumers and brands a new way to expand their reach.
We are a strong team of strategists, designers, and engineers who value curiosity, diversity, empathy, and community as a way to drive long-term value for employees, partners, our communities, and our shareholders. Learn more about us here. Come join our team!
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Healthcare and benefits
- Unlimited paid vacation that people actually take - we promise
- Generous maternity & paternity leave
- Flexible work day schedule - currently remote for COVID
- Matched 401k
Company name: Versus Systems
Job tags: typescript, mithriljs, lit, koa, express