Senior Software Engineer II Commerce
Remote job description
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize the potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard's technology not only helps salons and spas to survive but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power, and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
As a Sr. Backend Software Engineer you'll work closely with Product, Design, and Commerce to develop and deliver performant, high-quality API's and supporting infrastructure to power local commerce. You'll utilize expert knowledge in Elixr/Erlang and PostgreSQL with a focus on software quality, latency, observability, and maintainability working to further elevate our feature-supporting API's and internal tooling.
Working with the Marketing Suite team, you'll help to manage all client-facing communications, both to and from customer clients to our partners, utilizing SMS, Email, and VOIP technologies.
What you'll do here
- Work closely with Product and Design teams to define, scope, and build features
- Collaborate with a talented team of engineers across code bases
- Enhance our internal systems' reliability and scalability with an eye for detail
- Translate product requirements into approachable engineering tasks
- Write clean, readable, performant, secure, and well-documented code
- Evolve and refactor parts of our codebase to align with modern practices
- Perform code reviews to maintain high-quality code
- Measure and monitor systems to make data-driven decisions
- Build and contribute to open source projects
What you'll need to thrive
- Programming Experience: Have at least 5 years of experience in software development
- CS Foundations: Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- Pride in the Work: Pride for the work you do and care deeply about the products and features which consume your services
- Bias Towards Action and Incremental Value: Demonstrate ability to collaborate and iterate with the Product, Design, and Engineering requirements and teams to shape requirements and help drive discussions and surface tradeoffs that accelerate decisions
- Team Player: Working in highly performant and collaborative teams
- Mentor and Mentee: Smarts, humility, communication skills, and equal willingness to teach and learn
- Building Solutions: Desire to shape our engineering culture by coming up with ideas, tools, and infrastructure wherever you see a problem to be solved
- Experience with Elixr and/or Erlang and their ecosystems
- Maintain and contribute to open-source projects
- Built, documented, monitored, and supported public API platforms
- Experience with PCI and HIPAA compliant systems
- Demonstrated work beyond the back-end, experience with integrating a wide array of technologies and services
- Experience with Twilio and Postmark communication platforms
Current Back-End Technologies
Elixr / Erlang
AWS including serverless/lambda
The best tool for the job!
In addition to the wonderful people, you'll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that'll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you're always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
- Take a break whenever you need to with our flexible vacation day policy.
- Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
- Health is a priority, so we've got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
- Investing in the future with a 401(k) matching option.
- Work from home stipend every month.
- Family planning resources and specialized support programs.
- Boulevard Bucks Learning & Development program allows employees to explore businesses in the market we serve.
- Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
- Hear what Leo, one of our architects, says about life at Boulevard.
- Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
- Check out our latest product release and how we're continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard Labs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All employment decisions at Boulevard Labs, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Company name: Boulevard
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer II Commerce
location or timezone
posted345 days ago