Senior Software Engineer Data
Remote job description
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action-giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow-whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About The Team:
The mission of the Data team at Confluent is to serve as the central nervous system of all things data for the company: we build analytics infrastructure, insights, models and tools, to empower data-driven thinking, and optimize every part of the business. This position offers limitless opportunities for an ambitious software engineer to make an immediate and meaningful impact within a hyper growth start-up, and contribute to a highly engaged open source community.
About The Role:
This role will build and improve our streaming ETL, Data and Analytics infrastructure. By doing so, it will also expose you to working with voluminous data and the latest Kafka/Confluent technologies, for example, Petabytes(PB) of observability streams.
In this role you will have opportunities to work with the Kafka and the Product team at Confluent, and help influence the product direction and take Kafka's Cloud Native journey to the next level.
The role will be instrumental in real-time visibility and insights and state-of-the-art business operational efficiency. You are encouraged to think out of the box and play with the latest and greatest while exploring their limits.
What You Will Do:
- Define streaming data APIs, event driven data products, in collaboration with engineering and business partners.
- Architect and build a highly available and durable event streaming infrastructure which provides end-to-end latency guarantee.
- Develop strong subject matter expertise and manage the SLAs for those data pipelines.
- Partner with Data Scientists and business partners to onboard more use cases to this streaming platform to empower every aspect of our business.
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- 4+ years of experience in Software Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of event driven architectures and large scale data systems..
- Proficiency in Java, Scala; Python is a Plus.
- Solid understanding of Kafka, experienced with streaming systems in a production environment.
- A can-do attitude, an innate desire to deliver and a strong sense of accountability.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of fidelities, including executives.
What Gives You An Edge:
- Experience with streaming analytics in a production environment.
- Knowledge of other Kafka components such as Connect and ksqlDB.
- Experience working with Kubernetes, and large public cloud(AWS, GCP, Azure) and application deployment and management.
- Experience with building data pipelines from enterprise business systems, using custom or data integration tools like Stitch, Fivetran, Confluent Connect, etc.
- Fluency in at least one SQL syntax, and working knowledge of analytics at scale.
- Product mindset to understand business needs, and come up with scalable engineering solutions.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Company name: confluent
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer Data
Job tags: open-source, big data, infrastructure