Senior Software Engineer, Core Pipeline
Remote job description
This role is for you if you like being at the center of the action, it's for you if you like to help people to grow and if you like solving non-trivial problems, transforming them into smaller easier problems.
IAM Core is the Engineering Domain that takes care of the core of the Auth0 application: the authentication pipeline, the protocols, the sessions, anomaly detection and customer security detection and response mechanisms.
The Core Pipeline team is explicitly in charge of the Auth0 Authentication Pipeline, and we are going to hire and expand it to work on some of the most exciting and challenging architectural and product endeavours in the company, all aimed towards helping Auth0 to scale further.
If you like taking hard problems at scale and making them simpler, we can't wait to talk to you.
You're a good fit for this role if:
- You have 5+ years of software development experience.
- You have experience creating and maintaining public APIs.
- You are passionate about working on systems that are highly-reliable, maintainable and scalable.
- You have experience and passion for good engineering practices and testing.
- You excel when working autonomously, and know when to seek help from your team members.
- You have experience with cloud environments (AWS and Azure preferred).
- You are interested in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- You have practical experience developing and improving applications written in Node.js or Go.
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with Cloud environments from several vendors.
- You understand the Devops culture and like moving between infrastructure and code.
- Knowledge of security engineering and application security.
- Proven experience and understanding of architecture principles across infrastructure platforms, security, data, integration, and application layers.
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren't looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we're looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you'd be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Company name: Auth0
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer, Core Pipeline (remote) at Auth0 () (allows remote)