Senior Software Engineer Business Technology
Remote job description
About the Team
At GOAT Group, the Engineering team is an integral part of our dynamic company. By joining the team, your skills will be front and center, working alongside other passionate individuals to solve problems and build software. From launching innovative solutions for complex business challenges, driving efficiency through automation, and fostering security and compliance during our times of rapid growth - technology is essential to driving our vision forward. The work you do will change the way the world shops and the way we operate as a company.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help design and implement new features across multiple backend applications specifically for our Business Tech team.
Business Technology Initiatives:
- Identity & Access Management
- Employee Experience (e.g., intranet, knowledge management, onboarding, productivity tools)
- Back office engineering support for corporate systems and processes
- Public Market Readiness & IT SOX Compliance
- Developer Agility & Enablement (e.g., software capitalization, SCM enhancements)
- Digital Asset Management
- Master Data Management & Corporate Data Governance
- Data Privacy & Protection (including but not limited to regulatory compliance such as PCI, GDPR, CCPA)
- Information Security & Compliance Certifications (e.g., SOC 2, HITRUST)
In this role you will:
- Manage projects and problems of significantly larger scopes
- Formulate an efficient game plan for delivering a stable, well-tested feature on time
- Make technical recommendations that improve the codebase while minimizing risk
- Identify and fix (or, ideally, avoid) bugs and performance bottlenecks
- Coordinate and communicate seamlessly across other technical and product teams
- Be a helpful and supportive presence on the team, contributing to code reviews and other team processes
We are looking for:
- BS degree preferred
- Experience in software engineering with Ruby on Rails (Python, Go, PHP, or Java is ok too)
- Experience with Web Applications
- Familiar and comfortable with the technologies, the tradeoffs, and the design patterns emerging in web services
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work autonomously, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- Aspire to grow as a person, as a teammate, and as an engineer, and help others grow
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
Established in New York City over 15 years ago, Flight Club revolutionized sneaker retail as the original consignment store for rare shoes. Carrying the rarest exclusives and collectible sneakers, Flight Club has evolved from a one-stop sneaker destination, to a cultural hub for sneaker enthusiasts and novices alike. With three brick-and-mortar locations in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami, Flight Club remains the premier source for authentic, rare sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
If you are an EU or UK resident, please review our EU / UK Candidate & Employee Privacy Notice.
Company name: GOAT
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer Business Technology
Job tags: e-commerce, marketplace, fashion & luxury