Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Remote job description
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Papaya, you will be an important part of building a new product line. These products will service some of the largest financial institutions in America, and you will work closely with engineers, product managers, designers, and business stakeholders to produce high quality, scalable, and testable backend code.
Flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we'd love to hear from you!
Remote engineers within the continental United States are welcome to apply.
What you will do:
- Find creative solutions to technical problems
- Write well designed, testable and reliable backend code
- Contribute to code reviews and technical architecture discussions and documentation
- Collaborate with product and other stakeholders
- Build and maintain APIs that integrate with large financial institutions
- Work primarily with Java, Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Docker
What you can bring:
- 5+ years of proven Java experience
- 3+ years of experience on great engineering teams
- Experience with scalable service architecture and design
- DevOps or App Security experience a plus
- Have knowledge of REST, Spring, Gradle/Maven
- Some proficiency in SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Experience with Git for version control
- Have impeccable verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
Papaya started in 2016 with a goal to alleviate the stress of paying bills. We've adopted our phones for everything else, why not eliminate the need for calls, mailing checks, and tedious web forms? We are expanding mobile share of the $4T US consumer bill space, and are one of the fastest growing startups in Los Angeles.
The key to our success? Our people. From engineering, sales, to operations, Papaya's team is comprised of some of the most intelligent, humble, diverse, and resourceful people you'll ever meet. With the help of successful investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank; Papaya is building something special.
We love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We're proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA's Best Small Companies to Work for in 2020 and 2021! Learn more and come join us. Find out what the next step in your career could look like here at Papaya.
Company name: Papaya
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Job tags: MongoDB, Gradle, Version Control Systems