Senior Software Engineer at Fintech in Berlin
Remote job description
Elinvarenables asset & wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes as well as third party connections. Our partnersand customers like the Fondsdepotbank, Donner &ReuschelAG, and M.M. Warburg & Co.profit from the combination of leading technology and the optimal regulatory setup as we hold all necessaryBaFinlicenses. With this comprehensive approach, we create the unique opportunity for our partners to go digital in one step and to utilize state-of-the-art analytics to create individualized solutions to the benefit of their clients.
As a Senior Software Engineer (2nd Level Response & Enablement) (m/f/div), you will join the Technical Operations team. Your key focus would be in resolving operational issues, monitoring the system, and contributing to long-term improvement solutions. As you will be working across the whole platform, this role gives you a great opportunity to understand the modern software system architectures and its challenges, learn different tools and business processes around Wealth and Asset management.
In order to succeed in this challenging position, you would need to be able to work under pressure, be accurate in handling highly sensitive data and attentive to details, work independently, seek information, and communicate in a clear and active manner.
What will keep you challenged?
- Investigate incidents and issues on the platform
- Take ownership and resolve operational issues according to priorities within defined SLOs
- Monitor and analyze logs for errors, possible problems and misbehaviors
- Participate in development of internal monitoring, alerting, deployment, and orchestration tools
- Write scripts to automate repetitive and time-consuming operations
- Document the technical procedures and contribute to knowledge base
- Support software and configuration deployments
- Mentor other team members
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of experience in relevant positions or domain
- Excellent overall understanding of cloud-based systems, modern software architectures and principles
- Great troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Experience working with:
- AWS or other cloud environment
- Relational databases (SQL)
- Considered as additional plus:
- experience working as TechOps, DevOps, SRE, second level support specialist
- experience supporting platforms, financial background
- experience using Python, React or Spring
- We use the following tools on a regular basis: Kafkacat, kubectl, Jira, Confluence, GitLab, Kibana, Grafana, Sentry, OpsGenie, ArgoCD, PgAdmin/DBeaver, Postman/curl. While knowledge of any of those tools is not mandatory (you will learn them), prior experience or ability to explain its purpose would add a couple of extra points to your profile
What will keep you happy?
- An outstanding, highly motivated and international teamthatvalues a positive and open working environment- and a group of people who genuinelyappreciateand supporteach other
- An inspiring momentumtoreshapethe wealth management industry by replacing legacy IT with a modern, sustainable ITplatform
- Everything you need to excel in your profession,backed by some of the world's most recognizedinvestors
- Enjoy an open corporate culturewithout dress code, with flexible working hoursand remote officeoptions
- Beautiful loft-style office,situated in bustlingPrenzlbergjust a few minutes fromAlexanderplatz – a lunch and afterwork Dorado at yourdoorsteps
- An employerthatwelcomes diversityand actively promotes equal opportunities on every level
Company: Elinvar GmbH
Job title: Senior Software Engineer (2nd Level Response & Enablement) at Fintech in Berlin at Elinvar GmbH (Berlin, Germany) (allows remote)
Job tags: java, aws, linux, sql, python