Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
In keeping with our mission to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world, Reddit facilitates a delightful and relevant advertising experience that's best-in-class for our users and advertisers. Ads are the fuel that power Reddit's mission, and the year ahead is a busy one!
Our mission on the Revenue Lifecycle team is to enable a high quality and trustworthy financial partnership between advertisers and Reddit. We own Ads Billing and Payment - the foundation of our Ads business. We partner across product, design, legal, finance, privacy, and operations to ensure advertisers having a seamless financial experience on our platform. Some example projects that the team is working on:
- Internationalization efforts - Build support for new payment methods and currencies. Add features to support customers' tax requirements in their countries.
- Codify sales contracts into funding sources that put system constraints on ad delivery, based on budgetary discretion of the customer.
- Re-build our customer facing UI for our managed advertisers - the segment of our customer base that has reddit sales' support. Create features expected for b2b relationships - detailed receipts and invoices, visibility into lines of credit and available funds.
- Design roles-based permissions to support business-management of their advertiser accounts.
- End-to-end automation of lines of credit - advertisers apply for credit on the ads platform, the credit check policy is executed automatically, then converted into ads credit that enables ad delivery in our platform.
If you appreciate real technical challenges and you'd like to be part of the team that makes Reddit a sustainable, long-term business, come join us!
- Work with product managers to design and implement Ads products.
- Collaborate closely with the platform and data teams while building new features.
- Lead the processes needed to improve operational stability, including improving code quality, delivering dashboards and data visualizations.
- Build extendable components that would align with the product objectives.
- Support day to day project management tasks including communicating project updates, managing project timelines and overseeing project execution.
- 4+ years of software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (Java, Scala, Go, C++, Python).
- Able to take complete ownership of a feature or project.
- Good understanding of large scale backend service design
- Experience in Ads billing or payment.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $183,500 - $275,300.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer, Ads Revenue Lifecycle
Job tags: Golang, Java, Python
location or timezone
yearly salary range$183,500 - 275,300
posted10 days ago