Senior Software Engineer, Ads Integrity
Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
We're evolving and continuing our mission to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Providing a delightful and relevant experience to our users applies to our Ads like all of our offerings, and we're excited to build a product that is best-in-class for our users and advertisers. The year ahead is a busy one!
Ads is the fuel that powers Reddit's mission to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Our mission on the Ad Integrity team is to protect Reddit and Reddit's end-users in the ads ecosystem.
We own Ad Review - a set of internal tools that ensure ads delivering on the platform adhere to our policies - designed to protect the user experience. This content-level integrity ensures a high quality ad funnel. We work with cross-functional partners across product, design, legal, finance, privacy, ad operations to develop tooling to support their workflows. We work with other engineering teams across the company to build and share safety signals. We partner closely with the Revenue Lifecycle team to ensure actor-level integrity. Together, these two teams are the anti-fraud arm of the ads business.
Some of our team's efforts include:
- Building foundational components of an automated ad review system
- Improving our ad review toolset to enforce higher quality standards for advertisements
- Proactively addressing fraud vectors to protect Reddit's business
If you appreciate real technical challenges and you'd like to be part of the team that makes Reddit a sustainable, long-term business, come join us!
- Work with product managers to design and implement Ads products.
- Collaborate closely with the platform and data teams while building new features.
- Lead the processes needed to improve operational stability, including improving code quality, delivering dashboards and data visualizations.
- Build extendable components that would align with the product objectives.
- Support day to day project management tasks including communicating project updates, managing project timelines and overseeing project execution.
- 4+ years of software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (Java, Scala, Go, C++, Python).
- Able to take complete ownership of a feature or project.
- Good understanding of large scale backend service design.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Retirement Savings plan with matching contributions
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer, Ads Integrity
Job tags: arm, Fraud, finance