Senior Software Engineer Ads
Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Ads is the fuel that powers Reddit's mission to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. The Advertiser Platform organization owns the frontend and backend of ads.reddit.com, the core advertiser-facing product on Reddit.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Ads Reporting team within the Advertiser Platform organization!
The team will be responsible for providing data and visualizations to advertisers that proves the value of their campaigns on Reddit. Your team will be focused on four key areas:
- Speed - Improving our systems to get data into an advertiser's hands in minutes or seconds
- Data Retention - Providing unlimited access to an advertiser's historical data
- New Functionality - Give advertisers more tools to slice and dice their data
- Product Quality - Build enhancements to existing features for better ease of use
The team will consist of both frontend and backend engineers, and will own reporting products end-to-end. You'll work with cutting edge technologies like Apache Druid to provide real time analytics to Reddit's customers.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
- Design end-to-end technical solutions to our advertisers problems
- Lead other engineers in implementing your technical designs
- Work close with cross-functional partners to understand requirements and communicate deadlines
- Collaborate with designers and product managers to discover and build new features and enhancements
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve within our codebase
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience partnering with product managers and designers to build new user-facing products
- Experience in solving complex scaling and latency performance problems
- Deep expertise in Backend engineering. Opportunity to work on the Frontend building user facing products if interested.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: USD $183.500 - $275.300
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer Ads
Job tags: advertising
location or timezone
yearly salary range$183,500 - 275,300
posted73 days ago