Senior Software Engineer
Remote job description
Hi, we're Nexthink. We're not just the leader in the digital employee experience category, we invented the category. Our solutions combine real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback across all endpoints to help IT teams delight people at work. Our cloud-native platform pinpoints issues and solutions, automates response, and helps companies continuously improve their employees' experience, making them more productive, efficient, and happy at work. We have millions of endpoints deployed, we've surpassed $100M in ARR, and we've recently secured $180M in Series D financing for a company valuation of $1.1B, but we're just getting started.
You're a senior Java developer and want to use your knowledge to dig into one of the coolest cloud technology. We're putting in place an architecture to deal with billions of events per day. Do you feel like you can help us with it? Then continue reading, you are in the right place!
Here at Nexthink, we are looking for a Cloud-native Software Engineer.
- You will build distributed cloud-native applications using a modern open-source technology stack.
- You will participate in building the configuration UI.
- You will participate in all stages of software development and collaborate with different teams.
So are you a skilled software engineer with a passion for learning new things? Are you familiar with modern Java applications and cloud-native technologies? Then come to join us!
- Microservices and containers experience - deployment experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Good understanding of cloud-native integration models and patterns (event-sourcing, orchestration/choreography)
- Solid knowledge of core Java (including v8) features such as lambda, functional-interfaces, streams, nio, multi-threading
- Experience with both relational (Postgres) and NoSQL datastores
- Familiar with Jenkins, Git, Gradle, and provisioning tools (e.g. Ansible)
- Proven experience with AWS and a certification is a strong plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment, excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, ClickHouse, GraphQL, Micronaut and New Relic (or similar) is highly valuable
- Professional-level English spoken and written
- B.E./B.Tech in Computer Science (or equivalent), MSc preferred
We are 800+ employees strong in 21 countries across 8 different time zones speaking 60+ languages. We are positive, we get things done, we keep growing, and we are one team, we are Nexthink. We believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusion, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience.
Company name: Nexthink
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer
Job tags: business services, it management