Senior Software Engineer
Remote job description
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation - making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We're searching for a Developer Experience Engineer.
In this role, you will:
- Work with engineers from across the organization to understand developer pain points and implement solutions
- Focus on solving the problems of efficiently developing a complex software system at scale
- Help develop, run, and grow the tools / services used to build and test autonomous vehicle systems
- Contribute development effort to one of the following areas: Developer tooling & workflows, software build system, continuous integration, release engineering & management
- Build and enhance the developer platform required to deliver on Aurora's product ambitions, including the Aurora Driver
What we're looking for:
- Experience with developer tools and software development workflows, as well as version control/source code management platforms (GitHub strongly preferred)
- Knowledge of continuous integration processes and tools, with bonus points for familiarity with the Buildkite platform
- Background in software development tools such as build systems (Bazel in particular), compilers, static analysis & coverage tools
- Understanding of the challenges, trade offs, and approaches involved in providing a world class developer experience in a monorepo development environment
- Passionate about understanding the needs of our engineering teams and shipping tools/features that increase code velocity and improve the overall developer experience
- We don't expect candidates to necessarily have experience in all of these areas, but instead to have deep understanding and expertise in one or more.
- Degree in computer science or related field (or equivalent working experience)
- Strong background in one or more of the following: Python, Go, C++, Java
- 3+ years of experience working on large software development projects spanning multiple teams
- Past experience with developer tooling, software development workflows, build systems, and related areas is a huge plus
Company name: Aurora
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer
Job tags: hardware, mobility, software