Senior Software Engineer
Remote job description
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.4T U.S. construction industry.
Built's platform for the construction finance industry modernizes the movement of money between all stakeholders within the construction and real estate process to manage risk and maximize productivity. Built provides software, payments, B2B marketplace, and data solutions to more than 190 of the top financial institutions and hundreds of contractors throughout North America.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we're proud to have been named one of Forbes' Best Startup Employers in America and one of The Tennessean's 2022 Top Workplaces. Bringing on the "best talent in the world" is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory-and we want you to be part of it.
As a technical contributor and leader, you will be entrusted with ensuring the quality and delivery of Built's newest features. This objective requires closely working with your team and other engineering teams to deliver a world-class experience for new and current Built clients. Success in this role will be measured by delivering the right solutions at the right time.
In this Role, You Will:
- Ship client-facing features with quality and integrity.
- Participate in architectural, product, and technical design conversations.
- Encourage and build up your teammates.
- Services are Built on Python, Docker, and AWS.
- Frontend development is built on React, Redux, TypeScript, Jest, Enzyme, Selenium.
- Gateway APIs are built on NodeJS, using Express and TypeScript
- Some existing systems are built on PHP. These are being refactored to be simplified and moved into separate Python services.
- We care a lot about quality and safety in our codebase.
What we need you to bring:
- Ideally, you'd already have deep experience in React (with strong TypeScript knowledge) and Python. Full-stack development is strongly preferred, but mastery of front-end with the desire to achieve full-stack competency is possible.
- A passion for building quality, testable code leveraging automation and a habit for actively improving the quality of a codebase "in passing."
- A "player-coach" mentality, capable of simultaneously making strong technical contributions while mentoring others within the context of small cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong focus on our customers, both internal and external.
- High ownership and accountability of delivery and your work product.
- Optionally, experience with a refactoring initiative or contributing to a legacy codebase.
Our culture is based in three values:
- Put people first: Work hard and be nice to people
- Be a team player: Humble, Hungry, Smart
- Work with passion: Love what you do. Do it well. Celebrate.
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including: uncapped vacation, health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k
- Robust compensation package including base salary, quarterly bonus, and equity
- Flexible working hours, paid family leave, ERGs & Mentorship opportunities
- Learning grant program to support ongoing professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines-and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it's our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we're committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.
Company name: Built
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer
Job tags: saas / subscription, software