Senior Software Engineer
Remote job description
We are on a mission to liberate businesses and people to do their best work.
We are an ambitious, international team with more than 30 nationalities represented today. We believe that people do their best work when they're given the freedom to thrive and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Founded in 2016 Spendesk today serves thousands of businesses in Europe and the US, and we recently raised a further ?100m investment bringing our series C funding to over ?200m and in the process becoming one of Europe's latest Tech Unicorns. Our team of 350+ Spendeskers is spread across four offices in Paris, Berlin, London and San Francisco, alongside many teammates working remotely from various cities in Europe.
And we're growing fast. Come join us!
Your work is not only about writing code, you will be a great team player with a high degree of collaboration: making the team better every day is your mantra! Needless to say that by joining our team as software engineer you'll get to work closely with anyone across the company and every decision you'll make may have a huge impact. We have multiple engineering teams hiring each with different objectives and we would be happy to tell you about them and work out which suits you best.
- Implement secure, reliable and scalable solutions, improve our technical architecture and develop end-to-end features
- Be responsible for all aspects of them: technical design, development, testing, documentation, deployment, and maintainability.
- Mentor junior members of the team and show them how you can ship beautiful code in a blink ;)
- Partner effectively with all team members to deliver against commitments
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, different internal technology product lines, or business units to drive forward results
Our Tech Stack
- Frontend: TypeScript, React.js, Jest, Cypress, Internal Design System
- Backend: Node.js, TypeScript, Express/Koa, GraphQL, MySQL/PostgreSQL, Kafka, Jest
- Platform: AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Github, Datadog
- Mobile: Swift, Kotlin
- Data: DBT, Snowflake, Segment, Looker
Who we are looking for:
- 4+ years of software development experience in a professional setting
- Experience in building and consuming REST and GraphQL APIs
- Passionate about product aspects, transforming ambiguous needs into concrete and impactful technical solutions: you love tackling challenges
- Ability to mentor more junior engineers and help them develop their skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English - it is our business language"
- As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
- Exciting time to join Spendesk in terms of growth and opportunities
- Competitive compensation package with equity (everyone is an owner of the company!)
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment
- The best equipment for your needs (Macbook Pro, secondary screen, ...)
- Internal social events (hackathon, company-wide parties, offsite, ...)
- Brand-new offices in the heart of Paris, Berlin & London
- A purple Spendesk card (for your work purchases)!
- And more!
What you can expect from the process:
- 1. A video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners to fully understand your career aspirations and answer any questions you have
- 2. A series of videos calls with members of the team to align on what they will expect from you, and assess your technical skills and job fit
- 3. A final video call with the Hiring Manager, Head-Of, or C-Level (CEO included) to review any remaining questions
Company name: Spendesk
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services