Senior Software Engineer
Remote job description
As a Senior Software Engineer (Frontend), Social Co-Experience, you will help define and build features that unlocks a seamless way for people to connect across experiences. From joining a server as a group, to creating fun shareable memories with them, our goal is to make Roblox more fun through the moments together. You will work with various teams (matchmaking, chat, voice, game engine) to expose this capability to other developers as well. If you are an experienced developer that obsesses about best user experience and feels excited about strengthening relationships through play, you'll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing team.
- Experienced: You have 5+ years of experience in working on front-end/client platforms with a proven track record of building great products. You have a BS in Computer Science, MS/PhD are a definite plus.
- Detailed: Keeping flow simple for users to understand while enumerating through all possible edge cases is something you gravitate towards.
- Knowledgeable: You have a deep understanding of all aspects of designing and building delightful, robust, and extensible UI.
- Versatile: you're a jack of all trades and you have mastered one or more object oriented languages and technologies already; you can easily adapt to any situation when the need arises and come up with the right solution.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems and driving new tools/functionality for our developers
- Team-oriented: You are able to work well as part of a team and know how to collaborate with all participants to develop the best solutions. You are happy to share your knowledge and expertise with everyone on the team.
- Build first class user facing features that are deployed to various platforms (mobile, desktop, etc).
- Help level up client platform development by creating extensible robust components.
- Constantly think about how we can improve our processes and structure to enforce quality while we iterate quickly on feature development.
- Collaborate with product and design to push the boundary of what is possible.
Company name: Roblox
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer
Job tags: gaming