Senior Software Engineer
Remote job description
Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we've built and have been recognized as:
- Forbes Fintech 50 2021
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Best-Led Companies 2021
- TIME 100 Most Influential Company 2021
- We're growing and looking for...
- We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We're seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We're in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
We're excited to invite a passionate and motivated Senior Software Engineer to join Say Technologies to help us democratize the way investors think about stock ownership.
In August of 2021, Robinhood acquired Say - a mission-driven company that's built a communication platform that makes it easier for investors to exercise their ownership rights.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an innovative and growing team within Robinhood, have a huge impact on their growth, and serve public companies, broker-dealers, and everyday investors. Working on the Say team at Robinhood, you'll help us systematically understand how public companies and their shareholders can interact and bring investors closer to their investments. Our clients use Say to build deeper relationships with their investors, and the world's fastest-growing brokers and investment platforms to make shareholder rights more accessible for their customers.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be leading, building and owning backend services, infrastructure and data that power our core financial products. You will gain a unique look into how the US financial systems work on the inside and strengthen your financial-domain knowledge.
We strive for high standard of engineering quality while solving unique scalability challenges. You will have high impact at a relatively small company for our user base.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Design large scalable systems within a team; making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability.
- Lead, build, test, and release product-facing features with stringent correctness and scalability requirements; these features could be related to market data, trading, accounting, authentication, or security.
- Proactively identify and drive optimizations and improvements to the product.
- Collaborate with our frontend team to fine tune our REST API and with our data team to support millions of customers.
- Contribute to open source projects.
- 6+ years of software engineering experience.
- A proven tech lead with experience planning and leading large projects with long-term impact on a single system or team.
- Strong technical grasp and excellent judgment on task prioritizations.
- Able to tackle complex engineering problems that deliver results.
- History of creating and applying new processes and tooling to increase engineering efficiency.
- Solid understanding of relational databases and transactions.
- Familiar with writing highly concurrent systems.
- Good intuition for REST API design.
- Intimate familiarity of Python/Django or Go
- Proven experience building large scale systems
Technologies we use:
- Python/Django, Go as the main languages and frameworks of choice.
- PostgreSQL as our primary data store.
- Redis and Memcached as our caching layer
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission-we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Robinhood is a primarily remote company. If hired, you will work as a remote employee unless the job you are applying for has a different working model specified. Please reach-out to your recruiter if you have any questions regarding the job's working model.
Company name: Robinhood
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer
Job tags: transaction fees, analytics, mobile