Senior Software Engineer
Remote job description
Position: Senior Software Engineer (Fog team)
HQ / Work Location: San Francisco, CA but this is a fully REMOTE opportunity - anywhere in the U.S
Tech Environment: Rust, C++, Python, SQL, Linux, SGX, GPU, Kubernetes, low-latency systems
Comp: $150k-$225K (highly dependent on level of experience) + Attractive Early Stage Equity + Annual Bonus + Blue-chip Healthcare Benefits + 401k Matching + Unlimited PTO
MobileCoin is a cryptocurrency platform that develops P2P payment tokens and digital payment systems for mobile. It combines privacy, security, and distributed trust with a great user experience. MobileCoin is designed so that a mobile messaging application like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, or Signal could integrate with a MobileCoin wallet.
We are passionate about implementing scientific and mathematical methods to explore, isolate, and solve problems in the global financial markets while respecting user-privacy. We believe that career fulfillment and enterprise success converge when smart, hard-working, and intellectually curious people come together with a shared goal of innovation, and the pursuit of excellence.
The Senior Software Engineer will join MobileCoin's Fog team focusing on developing a scalable service infrastructure that enables a smartphone to manage a privacy-preserving cryptocurrency with locally-stored cryptographic keys. You will work closely with the team leader and senior engineers on developing the team's infrastructure and pipeline for oblivious data processing on mobile clients. This is a rare opportunity for a strong technologist with a cryptographic mindset to join a well-positioned team at an early stage to deliver immediate, measurable and long-lasting impact. You will gain exposure to many aspects of developing and deploying cryptographic and financial primitives and work alongside individuals with proven experience building some of the most innovative blockchain technologies in the world.
- Develop an efficient and scalable pipeline and tools for oblivious data processing.
- Customize and optimize the team's Fog platform using state-of-the art approaches in secure hardware and cryptography.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of industry experience in software and systems engineering
- Deep knowledge of Rust, modern C++ or other systems language
- Experience with systems programming, network protocols, and cross-language FFI
- Strong programming skills in Python or other scripting languages
- Hands-on mentality, attention to detail, and keen interest in cryptography
- Familiarity with Linux environments
- Ability to create well-documented code and communicate effectively on technical subjects
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience authoring and porting cryptographically-sensitive code
- Experience in building or optimizing low-latency systems
- Experience in building data, research or production tools for privacy preserving products
- Experience with low-level implementations utilizing hardware devices such as SGX and GPUs.
- Familiarity with foundations of cryptography
- Familiarity with cloud computing environments and orchestration such as Kubernetes
- Bachelors or advanced degree in CS, EE or other STEM majors
Company name: MobileCoin
Remote job title: Sr. Software Eng. (Fog) - MobileCoin (Unicorn Startup): Cryptocurrency Platform at MobileCoin (allows remote)
Job tags: c++, rust, sgx, gpgpu, sql