Senior Software Engineer
Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Instacart recently acquired the FoodStorm team, a Melbourne based company which has been creating amazing catering and order management software for the biggest Supermarkets globally. (TechCrunch article)
FoodStorm's order management system makes it easier for customers to place an order and for grocers to fulfill that order across their store network. The platform also offers order tracking, payment solutions, and CRM capabilities that help grocers collect feedback, market their offerings, and leverage promotional features.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Develop the FoodStorm software platform; scope includes software design, development, database development, testing, deployment and bug fixing.
- Being part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing things directly, and the freedom to suggest and drive team wide initiatives.
- Shipping high quality, scalable and robust solutions with a sense of urgency.
- Problem solve & troubleshoot complex technical and design challenges and implement innovative solutions
- Software architecture & database design and implementation
- Implement processes and practices to support the scaling of the development team
- Facilitating collaboration with colleagues and mentoring/teaching other technical staff
- Highly proficient in Microsoft .NET Framework, MVC & C# Language.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft SQL Server (SQL Azure preferred), T-SQL, Tables, Views & Stored Procedures.
- High level of business acumen with ability to consider all dimensions of business issues into solution design.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to "think outside the box".
- Experience in management, deployment and scaling of cloud based services ideally the Azure Platform.
- Ability to lead and influence others in technical problem solving and solution design
- Knowledge of scalable system design including cloud scalability & Azure infrastructure.
- Exposure to front end frameworks including react.js & JQuery
- Ability to size, prioritise, manage tasks and commit to agreed deadlines
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer
Job tags: Business Acumen, Frontend Web Development, MVC