Senior Software Engineer
Remote job description
Join the Swarm
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our team!
PolySwarm is developing innovative solutions to age-old information security problems - and we need your help. A marketplace enabled by Ethereum contracts, PolySwarm is a launchpad for new technologies and novel threat detection methods, where commercial solutions and independent researchers compete to detect threats, and get compensated based on performance.
At PolySwarm, you'll join a tight, dynamic team on the bleeding edge of information security and blockchain, answering questions few have thought to ask. With your expertise and experience, you will play a critical role in making PolySwarm the most competitive anti-malware platform available. Senior hires will be entrusted with broad decision-making responsibility concerning infrastructure, deployment, scale, access control, continuous integration and much, much more.
If you are an ambitious, seasoned developer interested in creating solutions to the most challenging and pressing security challenges of the moment, we are interested in speaking with you.
What you'll need to be successful:
- A BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of software development experience with Python
- 2+ years of software architecture/design experience
- Comfortable working in a remote-only environment
- Analytical mind
- Confidence to share your ideas
- Ability to clearly describe and document your ideas
- Ability to constructively critique your ideas and those of your team members
- Ability to independently motivate & self-direct
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team
- Proficient in English (reading, writing, and speaking)
Technologies/tools/services you will use include:
- Docker/Docker Compose
- GitLab CI
- Elastic Search
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent health, dental, vision coverage (US employees)
- 401k (US employees)
- Paid time off
- Flexible work hours. We have core work hours for overlap between time zones, but outside of that block of hours, you can schedule your working hours as you like to get things done.
- Powerful servers, laptops, desktops - whatever you need to be most productive!
Learn more about PolySwarm and our talented team here: https://polyswarm.io/team
Explore the PolySwarm marketplace here: https://polyswarm.network/
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
PolySwarm provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*Summary
Company name: PolySwarm
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer
Job tags: anti-malware, ethereum, security, blockchain, senior software engineer