Senior Software Engineer
Remote job description
Kipu is the gold standard for addiction treatment because we're all in. We're dedicated to making the easiest-to-use EMR, with power and capabilities that could only be developed by a team working within the addiction treatment industry. KipuHealth EMR software was designed in the Addiction Treatment Community, for the Addiction Treatment Community. We are driven to create the best software in our industry -- and we are well on our way.
Kipu is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer with Java/Python expertise to join our team. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for software automation and research providing proof of concept including building and deploying on public cloud infrastructure (AWS) and using an object-oriented programming language (Java and Python). The Java Engineer works on a collaborative development team and ensures consistent adherence to Usability Best Practices.
You'll be joining a dynamic, exceptional team to make huge impacts in a fun, exciting company with significant growth potential. Our engineers are developing the next generation of EMR technologies, putting Kipu at the forefront of addiction treatment with the systems required to assist in all aspects of care.
- Work on projects in highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary development teams building data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, MVC architecture, and design patterns
- Conduct unit testing, test driven development, static analysis, and automated integration tests.
- Develop APIs and create RESTful micro-services
- Continuous delivery of software in a Scrum development process
- Actively participate in build strategies and continuous integration process to drive continuous value delivery.
- Support ongoing performance optimization.
- Continuously communicate between multiple stakeholders to ensure a clear understanding of design objectives.
- Bachelor's degree (required) in Computer Science or Engineering 5 years' experience in highly distributed systems with high transaction volume Experience building solutions with a microservices architecture
- Proven working experience as a Java and Python Developer
- Experience building and maintaining REST APIs
- Experience with architecting, building, deploying, and scaling Docker applications
- Infrastructure configuration management and automation experience (Terraform, Ansible, AWS CDK)
- NoSQL database experience (DynamoDB, Couchbase)
- Messaging experience (Kafka, JMS, SQS, SNS)
- Experience deploying, scaling, and building solutions utilizing stream / micro-batch data processing (Spark) and on top of search engines
- Distributed Caching
- Networking (DNS, BGP)
- Experience with continuous delivery and continuous deployment (Blue/Green, Canary)
- Unix administration experience
- Highly competitive salary based on your local market's compensation data.
- Vacation, sick and paid time off.
- Insurance and 401(K).
Our mission is to make every Kipu Client, no matter how large or small, a reference client for Kipu. We will work tirelessly to ensure that every client uses the system to its fullest potential, for the benefit of the people they serve, their employees, and shareholders. We will do this with the highest regard for ethical standards, without consideration for Kipu's own profitability.
Kipu Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Company name: Kipu Health
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer (Java, Python) at Kipu Health () (allows remote)
Job tags: java, python, aws, rest, api