Senior Software Developer | Backend
Remote job description
Moz is looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our Application Development team.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a senior engineer to have a major impact on our engineering org as a whole. You'll lead projects to improve the observability and reliability of our existing products while contributing to major architectural decisions that will define the next generation of application development at Moz.
This team is responsible for customer-facing applications that deliver SEO data insights. Through the applications they build, Moz customers are able to access insights, workflows, and aggregations of information above and beyond Moz's core data offerings.
We are an office optional company. This position can be fully remote from anywhere within the USA or Canada. We're also open to having folks be based out of our Seattle, WA or Vancouver, BC offices.
Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. It's our mission and promise to interview a diverse and representative slate of candidates before making an offer for our open roles.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Product Managers and User Experience Designers to deliver and iterate on new Moz Pro features for customers.
- Build, maintain, and support new backend services and components for Moz Pro.
- Modernize and improve the reliability of existing backend services by leading CI/CD and observability projects.
- Contribute to and promote engineering best practices and standards by providing leadership to peers, working closely with the Principal Engineers and engineering leadership, and providing cross-team feedback.
- Understand and embrace our core values: Transparent, Accountable, Generous, Fun, Empathetic and Exceptional.
Experience We Want to See
- You have experience with building products from the ground up - including shipping and supporting that software for growth.
- You enjoy mentoring individuals and helping them grow their skills and develop their careers.
- You have experience being on-call for production services.
- You have experience working with distributed systems.
- You're comfortable working with SQL and relational databases.
- You have experience with AWS.
- You have experience with Python, Ruby, Elixir or Erlang.
- You have experience with GitHub Actions and Honeycomb.
- You have worked as or with an SRE.
- You have knowledge of search and SEO.
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz's platforms are powered by world class-quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made.
Moz was founded in 2006 and is a subsidiary of J2 Global (NASDAQ: JCOM)
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We're big believers in vacations and provide a US$3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.
Job title: Senior Software Developer | Backend at Moz (Vancouver, BC, Canada) (allows remote)
Job tags: aws, node-js, sql