Senior Software Architect®
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.
Remote job description
Jack Henry & Associates is looking for an experienced Senior Software Architect to join the Episys Technology Development team and help us provide phenomenal cloud and microservices-based systems to our customers. You will be tasked with bringing a high-functioning development team into a cloud-based environment. As a member of this team, you will lead strategic and tactical architecture and designs the enterprise integration architecture ensuring alignment of technology to the business strategy. Ideal candidates will have a strong understanding of Agile principles, systems design, and software engineering best practices, and possess the people skills necessary to mentor the team as they adapt to this new environment.
This position will be based to work out of San Diego, CA or Allen, TX.
- Minimum 6 years of experience with software engineering.
- Experience as a software or systems architect.
- Must have experience with Azure technology stack.
- Experience with JSON and REST.
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% for team meetings.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science or related field.
- Experience in payments/financial industry.
- Experience in Orchestration/Workflow/Business Process Management engines – WS02 is a plus.
- Experience in highly integrated enterprise systems.
- Experience in API Design and Management.
- Experience in High Transaction Volume system design.
- Experience in Streaming Systems is a plus.
- Experience in two-factor authentication.
- Experience in infrastructure design is a plus.
- Provides architectural and "big picture" oversight for development of new or enhanced products.
- Translates customer business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for solutions and integrating architecture.
- Acts as an advocate for the customer, as the ultimate authority on the architecture designed to address customer's business problems.
- Provides direction for design activities.
- Provides technical advice to other departments within the company, and is responsible for integrating components built by product developers.
- Analyzes the scope, timeline and specifications of tasks; delegates assignments to other architects. Writes high-level implementation plans for enhancements and fixes to be refined by team members under direction.
- Provides technical assistance to support staff. Assists with implementations of enhancements and fixes by providing coding knowledge.
- Tests and reviews programming to discover any errors and confirm that the programs meet required specifications.
- Creates system and development documentation.
- Administers various change management tasks.
- Maintains an awareness and understanding of competing products and provides ideas for innovation and improvement in order to maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Assists less experienced peers.
- May develop code for the design/creation of new software products, enhancements, and fixes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.
Company: Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.
Job title: Senior Software Architect at Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.® () (allows remote)
Job tags: azure, json, rest