Senior Ruby On Rails Developer
Remote job description
We are open to remote work across Canada
We are looking for an innovative, passionate and highly technical software engineer to join Lookout's Application Services Organization. You'll be a key part of a dynamic team that builds out and maintains core services that power Lookout's Mobile Endpoint Protection product. We believe in agile software development, metrics, short feedback loops, well-designed APIs, test-driven development, automation wherever possible, and all sorts of other things to make sure we can minimize friction and focus on solving the big problems. We build services in Ruby, Java and Scala and firmly believe in using the cloud to our advantage.
Do you have strong software engineering skills with Ruby on Rails? Do you have good experience with API design and implementation? Then you could be Lookout's Senior Backend Software Engineer with the ability to work remotely.
What you'll do
- You will be part of a dynamic and technically diverse group of engineers, where you will get to contribute, influence, learn and grow top notch technical skill sets, while building key features for our customers.
- Design, build and maintain backend services providing high-performance, high-availability APIs to frontend developers, mobile client teams, external partners. Although this role is focused on backend services, you'll also get to play with frontend code, client code and other cool services.
- Build extraordinary customer-focused web and mobile applications
- Create new services and extend existing ones in our large scale SOA architecture.
- Operationally own, maintain and deploy services.
- Quality is the forefront of all we do, so you will assist with improving all forms of automated testing (unit, integration, functional etc).
- Help troubleshoot, analyze and root cause issues in the system.
- We believe in, and practice, end to end service ownership, so you will fully participate in the ownership of your services and components, including on-call duties.
- You will work on microservices built with Ruby, Java, Scala, on the AWS and Azure Clouds.
What are we looking for
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree, with 3-5 years of work experience.
- Professional programming experience with Ruby, Rails or proven ability to learn new programming languages and frameworks.
- Experience implementing RESTful services with API's, with GraphQL experience a plus.
- Strong grasp of fundamentals and algorithms.
- We believe in a culture of transparency and teamwork and we welcome like minded contributors.
- A fun and positive attitude!
- Experience with additional Object Oriented or interpreted programming languages (Java, Python, Scala, etc) a plus.
- DevOps/SecOps experience with maintaining services and systems in AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Experience/expertise with the following stores - Postgres, MySQL, Redis, Aurora.
- Experience with Kubernetes, container technology (Docker, ECS, EKS)
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Bangalore, Boston, Hyderabad, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Company name: Lookout
Remote job title: Senior Ruby On Rails Developer
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, licensing, communications, enterprise, mobile, security, software