Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Remote job description
Whitespectre is looking for an experienced Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to join and lead one of our delivery teams on a full-time, long-term basis. In this role, you'll work closely with the client within a fast-moving cross-functional squad of backend and front-end engineers, product, & UI/UX designers. The team will be solving interesting technical challenges and iterating fast to create products that drive real business growth. As a leader within the team, you'll help to drive architecture and implementation decisions, help product make smart decisions to deliver a great user experience in a scalable way, and mentor other engineers.
Whitespectre is a product development company that creates high-performing platforms and apps, both for our long-term client partners and our own products. Founded in 2013, we partner with both large established companies and high-growth start-ups in the US and Europe. We're a close-knit team of 70 smart and diverse architects, engineers, product managers and designers, working together remotely and growing!
Only candidates from outside of the US will be considered for this role. No recruitment agencies please.
What will you do?
- Working with business and Product Managers to figure out how to deliver results as efficiently as possible.
- Solving hard business logic with elegant software design to make code modular and maintainable for the future.
- Designing new architectures and justifying your design decisions to other team members.
- Understanding how code translates to DB queries and know how to optimize
- Identifying bottlenecks, using tools to diagnose and refactor code for scale
- Ensuring the robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system.
- Writing well tested (rspec), defect-free code with CI/CD
- Taking ownership of production applications - managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
You must have...
- Have worked in teams where you contributed towards technical decision making
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software development
- Proven experience using Agile Methodologies in a remote team
- Availability to work full-time within a fast-moving cross-functional team, working 11 am - 8 pm Central European Team
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) are essential for this role.
Company name: whitespectre
Remote job title: Senior Ruby on Rails Developer (100% Remote) at Whitespectre (allows remote)