Senior Ruby Developer
Remote job description
We are currently seeking a Senior Ruby Developer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. This role is for someone who is passionate about building innovative solutions and being exposed to new challenges and technologies while making an impact. This role is available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
What your team does:
We at Clio have an amazing team that is on a mission to transform the legal experience for all, and our engineering team's goal is to deliver an incredible experience to our customers. Clio Manage is Clio's flagship product and is the leading platform in the legal industry for managing law firms. Built in the cloud from the ground up, Clio Manage offers the most modern and innovative experience in the legal industry with a highly-rated mobile app, extensive partner network, and over 200 app integrations.We help firms improve every aspect of their performance including productivity, revenue, and compliance. We are giving firms the tools they need to transform the practice of law in innovative ways and to better serve their clients.
A day in the life might look like:
- Working with a team of developers to solve complex problems and provide elegant solutions to Clio customers;
- Work in an agile environment with our team of full stack developers across a variety of projects.
- Using a wide variety of technologies, learning new things, and challenging yourself;
- Participating in diverse projects and collaborating with multiple engineering teams across three countries;
- Review and provide feedback on a peer's code, both from within your own team or across all of Clio. Thrive as #TeamClio.
- Write and ship code in a test driven environment (TDD)
- Collaborate with teams across Clio to diagnose, understand, and solve problems, and to build solutions that may span many areas.
- Teach and learn from those around you - providing constructive feedback to those around you, and taking on feedback to help grow.
What you may have:
- Experience in software development, specifically with building web applications at scale and Ruby on Rails;
- The ability to master new technologies quickly and work effectively in a dynamic and ever-evolving environment that includes distributed teams and customers;
- Demonstrated success in mentorship in software development, particularly using an Agile process and with large scale SaaS products;
- A diverse base of knowledge that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems;
- A portfolio of successful projects (as well as a collection of lessons learned from failed projects); and
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build trusted relationships with fellow Clions and customers.
Don't have all of those?
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
Company name: Clio
Remote job title: Senior Ruby Developer at Clio (Toronto, ON, Canada) (allows remote)
Job tags: ruby on rails