Senior Risk Engineer
Remote job description
Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 52 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Reddit Assurance Services team leads and oversees technology risk related initiatives including risk management, audit readiness, internal controls and governance, and the design and implementation of remediation action plans. The team is rapidly developing and looking for a Risk Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to get in and have an outsized impact on a highly skilled and motivated team. We look for humble experts with a relentlessly resourceful and entrepreneurial, "can do" view of security and privacy. We want to deliver facts (not FUD) to the business to enable Reddit to manage risk more effectively. Culture is important to us and a learning and developing mentality is vital, regardless of the work assigned.
What You'll Do:
- Create, maintain and manage risk management related tasks and requirements
- Deep dive and become an expert in a complex and heterogeneous codebase and cloud infrastructure to find and harden all data stores and microservices that process personal data
- Design, build, and implement effective technical solutions that enable risk and data protection by design and by default
- Be the technical expert for the product and engineering organization that ensures compliance in data protection, governance, risk and lifecycle management
- Facilitate the identification and scoring of technology risks through risk assessments
- Drive risk management process improvement
- Collaborate with Process Owners to create and maintain internal control documentation including narratives, process flow diagrams, process RACI, risk and control matrices, and other relevant deliverables
What We Can Expect From You:
- Support a collaborative, performance-driven culture that builds bridges with other functional groups across the enterprise and maintains positive working relationships
- 5+ years working in an risk management engineering role
- Functional knowledge of multiple security domains and information security industry standards and best practices
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems, or a similar STEM field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Deep knowledge of large scale cloud analytics and storage technologies and SDLC best practices
- Comfortable navigating unfamiliar tech stacks and working with new languages and technologies
- Experience with data risk requirements stemming from regulatory and legislative mandates including CCPA, GDPR, and state data breach notification laws
- Ability to influence across all levels of the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- CISSP or CISA/CISM preferred
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Senior Risk Engineer
Job tags: TypeScript, quality assurance, GDPR