Senior React Native Engineer
Remote job description
Pitch, a new company from the makers of Wunderlist, is looking for a Senior React Native Engineer to join our mobile team onsite in Berlin or remotely. As a mobile team, we are on a mission to deliver an excellent presentation experience to mobile devices by building an open group of people that communicates explicitly, leverages modern cross-platform technology, applies automation techniques and ships on a daily basis.
What you will be doing...
- You will participate in the development process of product features for the Pitch mobile experience. Some of these features will closely resemble their web-app equivalents, while others will need to be completely reimagined.
- You will join a small team of experienced developers building a cross-platform mobile application.
- You will collaborate with your peers to define the architecture, quality standards, and best practices.
- You will have an opportunity to work not only on the product but also on the development tools and continuous integration services.
- You will work closely with our designers, teaming up in small cross-functional teams to bring features from idea to concept to wireframes to prototype to final implementation.
- You will be using Clojure/Script to create functional UI components and application logic. Experience with Clojure/Script is welcomed but not required.
- You will work on the mobile app built with React Native and, if you're interested, on the frontend (Electron and web) and backend projects to build simple, high-quality, maintainable, and well-tested solutions.
What you will bring along...
- You are an experienced React Native engineer with a track record of shipping high quality applications.
- You know foundations and several frameworks from the iOS and/or Android SDKs very well.
- You are interested (or experienced) in working with web technologies, and perhaps Clojure/Script. As mentioned, experience with Clojure/Script is welcomed but not required.
- You should have a passion for functional programming or a strong interest for diving into it.
- You are comfortable debugging problems anywhere in the mobile application stack: persistence, networking or user interface.
- You are interested in designing and creating effective user interfaces for smartphones and tablets.
- You are product oriented, combining thoughtfulness with pragmatism and a will to get stuff done. You are calm and focused under pressure, and consider work-life balance essential for long-term happiness and productivity.
- You believe effective and successful work is made possible by clear and honest communication, with a shared understanding of the long-term vision and immediate next actions. When you don't fully understand something, you ask lots of questions and use the opportunity to learn and grow.
- Sounds good? Impress us with the most exciting projects you worked on. We look forward to hearing from you!
- We value diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds. Come one, come all!
Job title: Senior React Native Engineer
Job tags: business services, saas / subscription