Senior React Native Developer at Whitespectre
Remote job description
Whitespectre is looking for an experienced React Native Developer to join one of our key delivery teams on a full-time, long-term basis. In this role, you'll work within a fast-moving cross-functional squad of backend and front-end engineers, product, & UI/UX designers to solve interesting technical challenges and create products that drive real business growth at scale. As a senior member of the team, you'll help to drive architecture and implementation decisions, help product make smart decisions to deliver a great user experience in a scalable way, and mentor other engineers.
Whitespectre is a product development company that creates high-performing platforms and apps, both for our long-term client partners and our own products. Founded in 2013, we partner with both large established companies and high-growth start-ups in the US and Europe. We're a close-knit team of 70 smart and diverse architects, engineers, product managers and designers, working together remotely and growing!
What will you do?
- Building out mobile apps using React Native
- Collaborating with backend engineers in designing, specifying and implementing services to decouple functionality
- Identifying bottlenecks, using tools to diagnose and refactor code for scale
- Ensuring the robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system.
- Writing well tested, defect-free code with CI/CD
- Taking ownership of production applications - managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
Our company toolset includes ReactJS, Typescript, Webpack, REST/GraphQL, CI/CD with Docker, Heroku/AWS, Rails6, Postgres, Elastic, etc. Automation and working smartly is important to us; dynamic environments spin up with new feature branches, slack bot integrations control our production releases.
You must have...
- Availability to work full-time within a fast-moving cross-functional team, working 11 am - 7 pm Central European Time
- Proven experience using Agile Methodologies in a remote team
- Production experience of React/Vue/Angular/Backbone framework applications and, highly prefered - React Native experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience performing this kind of role
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) are essential for this role.
What do we offer?
- Interesting challenges: We've done everything from scaling high-performance backends, building beautiful (but complex) user interfaces to low-level bluetooth communication with hardware devices.
- Competitive rates: This is a contract position with a long-term outlook (12 months+ full-time projects).
- 100% Remote: We've been proudly and successfully remote first for over 7 years
- Impact: Our delivery teams are fast-moving, highly collaborative, and own products end to end- your thinking and contribution make a big impact!
- Great environment: We provide a great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people.
- Career progression: We want you to grow with us and provide the opportunities, knowledge sharing and mentorship to do that.
- Work-life balance: love your work, but know that it doesn't take over your life.
- Paid Meetups: Come meet with your colleagues in Barcelona or at a local meetup.
The candidate must live outside of the US. Please no recruitment agencies.
Job title: Senior React Native Developer (100% Remote) at Whitespectre () (allows remote)
Job tags: react, react native, backbone.js, vue.js, angularjs